*DONE* TD-92698 Requesting Deployment

Oh, don't worry about the snap, of course it would be nice if both were the same but I know that in some places in the US you can only get those "Tandie" snaps with the lettering and also keeping in mind RS' policy about spare parts, even those "Tandie" snaps would be okay for me. Just make sure you don't ruin your butt plate, mate... nice and gentle does the job. ;)

Well.... the RS canteen isn't a real canteen.   It's a resin facsimile.    Close inspection revealed that I really can't open it up and eliminate that portion.   I'm going to have to build another canteen completely.     

I'll go out and get the wire for the DLT, the paint for a canteen, and the snaps and install hardware for the snap sometime today hopefully. 

You don't have to open it up, mate, just saw it off, sand it down and attach the beestinger again. Then give it a coat of flat black paint. That way, you can take all the time you need to get a real Gio'style or Lionstar canteen and the right battleship grey paint for your new pack while still getting deployed with your present RS pack. :duim:

Wires are tied together at the bottom, don't leave it too long, shouldn't be too obvious.

Don't forget to cut some very small grooves into the T-tracks to make sure the wire stays put.

Great work, Michael. As far as removing weathering, you can use denatured alcohol and a rag so you're not putting scratches in the plastic. It's safe on plastic and stronger than rubbing alcohol. Just use it in a well ventilated area.

• Upvote 1

Good to know!  I will use that technique if I go to completely re-weather the armor for SWAT down the road.   On the back i don’t think I did much damage because I wasn’t trying to completely remove it—I just took a bit off the top.   Just very light on top of the heaviest places.   Completely rework would be tedious and more abrasive with sand paper so I’ll use the denatured alcohol for that in the future.

Hey Scott, here we go again with the second round of your review, so let´s get this done! ;) 

Application Review: Part 2

Name: Scott Duncan

Legion ID: TD-92698

Forum Name: Plainsrunner

Garrison: Alabama Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: check

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears): check

j. Weathering: check

*additional comments*

RESULT ON HELMET

Checked & Cleared

Armor details

a. elastic straps shoulders: check

b. neck seal: check

c. black undersuit: check

d. shoulder bells: check

e. biceps: check

f. forearms: check

g. pauldron: check

h. chest / back plate: check

i. kidney / butt plate: check

j. ab plate / side rivets / cod: check

k. strapping system: check

l. thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): check

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: check

v. weathering: check

*additional comments*

Nice job with the improvements, well done... and quick!

RESULT ON ARMOR

Checked & Cleared

Backpack

a. details: check

b. weathering: check

*additional comments*

I don´t really understand why you didn´t dare to cut down the RS canteen but the new one looks great.

RESULT ON BACKPACK

Checked & Cleared

Weapon

a. details: check

b. weathering: check

*additional comments*

As I said before, your E-11 is good to go... but I´m still waiting for some pics of the wire around those T-tracks! ;) Hope you are able to find something suitable

RESULT ON WEAPON

Checked & Cleared

Scott, this was your second review, I like your enthusiasm and your attitude to get things done... and it was worth it, congrats mate!

You have successfully followed the guidelines in regards to the MEPD CRL and have met the requirements, be proud of yourself.

Please send the pic you want to use to Luis (Sandman Tigui) and we'll get you squared away.

We will have your updated information uploaded into the MEPD system very soon.

Congratulations on becoming a Deployed Officer of the MEPD! Now please report to the Mos Eisley Mess hall where you'll serve the troopers until the next newbie gets cleared.

Hausi - MEPD Deployment Officer

• Like 2

Thanks guys!    DLT conversion is underway.   I did one wire but I had to stop to get a new Dremel.   The one I had was on it's last leg and I don't want it to screw up my T-tracks.   New one arrives Wednesday.