*DONE* TD-92698 Requesting Deployment

Couple notes:   there is weathering on this pauldron but I'll be darned if I can get it show up on the pictures.   I think the orange overpowers my phone camera.  :P

Secondly:   I noticed after taking the photos of the DLT that it lacks the wires.   Because of that I included pictures of my E-11, and I'm going to run out later today and pick up some black wires to bring the DLT up to snuff.  

All in all you have a great looking kit.  Here are just a few things to consider as I'm sure the DO's will also cover

1. The tube coming out of the end of the canteen on your pack looks a bit long, you might just trim it a bit

2. Both blasters look really clean, you might just add a small bit of weathering on them.

3. I can't tell from the pictures, but are your helmet tube stripes decals or painted on?

Good luck with your submission.

36 minutes ago, LoveMonkey said:

All in all you have a great looking kit.  Here are just a few things to consider as I'm sure the DO's will also cover

1. The tube coming out of the end of the canteen on your pack looks a bit long, you might just trim it a bit

2. Both blasters look really clean, you might just add a small bit of weathering on them.

3. I can't tell from the pictures, but are your helmet tube stripes decals or painted on?

Good luck with your submission.

3.   They are hand painted.    Cx3xol7.jpg

2.  I took the E-11 for a stroll in the desert and hopefully it looks better:

oED9qee.jpg

MfWXLZu.jpg

You can remove the curly wire on your E-11 as sandies didn't have them. That shoulder ammo pouch will probably be fine for PO but I would invest and get some better ones from here.  The cap on your canteen should be removed as I've illustrated in the photo. Check out my pinned canteen thread in the Pack section for a better understanding on what I mean. Your armor looks great! Did that pack come from them too? If so, they've greatly updated their packs recently. lOe2h2E.thumb.jpg.a267723ac93959f8cb8fd2063e328bad.jpg

2 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

You can remove the curly wire on your E-11 as sandies didn't have them. That shoulder ammo pouch will probably be fine for PO but I would invest and get some better ones from here.  The cap on your canteen should be removed as I've illustrated in the photo. Check out my pinned canteen thread in the Pack section for a better understanding on what I mean. Your armor looks great! Did that pack come from them too? If so, they've greatly updated their packs recently. lOe2h2E.thumb.jpg.a267723ac93959f8cb8fd2063e328bad.jpg

Yep.  The pack came from them.   However, I have everything in for my alternate pack build except for the Woodman.   I can already tell it will be bigger.   

I'm looking at this canteen trying to figure out if I have the guts to modify it since they built it for me like this.    Hmmm...  the cap needs to be removed for PO deployment?

Edit:   I guess I'm trying to figure out if this is a real canteen they have here, or their own molded facsimile.   If it's real I should be able to pop the bottom off the same that you did in your tutorial.    If it's not I could do damage to it.     

Hi Scott, nice to see your application here:salute:, your kit suits you really well, looks great. You yourself and my fellow dirty dudes have already pointed out some details that should be addressed. 

Don't worry about the pauldron, I can see that it's dirty. ;)

Please also add some pics of the crotch and buttplate, I'll have to see the rivet and the two snaps.

Furthermore I would like to see a pic of the inside of your armor, showing the strapping. 

Please also add one more picture where you show that the handguards are made of rubber/vinyl (squeeze them ;))

I think that the back of your armor looks almost too dirty, I would suggest toning it down a little, so it matches the rest of your armor better.

The pack looks really nice! The threaded section on the bottle should indeed be removed as Airborne Trooper has pointed out. I think it shouldn't be too difficult. You just have to cut it off using a saw, then cut off the bee stinger from that said piece, get a flat round piece of plastic in the right size, attach the bee stinger to this (you could use either super glue or a screw which goes through the little round piece of plastic into the beestinger) and then superglue it to the bottle again, add some black paint and most importantly: dirt

...and voilá: done! This should also make sure that the beestinger doesn't seem too long anymore.

Stay tuned for the full review.

Disclaimer:   That back picture in the initial post makes me look like the hunchback of Notre-Dame.     It's because it was taken the first few times I wore the armor and I was totally walking on eggshells afraid I was going to break something.   LOL.   I'm tight as a drum in that picture.   I could squeeze coal into a diamond.   I've sense relaxed.  :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Markus ' tiny ' Zeitvogel said:

Cool looking armour, I like it.

I see your thigh strapping moves to the middle, you can fix it onto the backside of the belt with a snap/popper.. So your thigh will not have much contact with the codpiece...

Essentially keeping the straps from sliding along the belt?   Am I reading that right?

• Upvote 1

Hi Scott.. some of the pointers our friends here had given will make you look even better. Wish you had taken the pictures with your 2 mp40 pouches though although not required for PO. 

Stand by for your review mate. Enjoy... :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m4vrick said:

Hi Scott.. some of the pointers our friends here had given here will make you look even better. Wish you had taken the pictures with your 2 mp40 pouches though although not required for PO. 

Stand by for your review mate. Enjoy... :) 

I know right?   I'm waiting for them to ship now.  :)

Hey Scott,

welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an MEPD deployed officer!

Now it´s time to start your review, so let´s go:

Application Review: Part 1

Name: Scott Duncan

Legion ID: TD-92698

Forum Name: Plainsrunner

Garrison: Alabama Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: check

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears): check

j. Weathering: check

*additional comments*

RESULT ON HELMET

Checked & Cleared

Armor details

a. elastic straps shoulders: check

b. neck seal: check

c. black undersuit: check

d. shoulder bells: check

e. biceps: check

f. forearms: check

g. pauldron: check

h. chest / back plate: check

i. kidney / butt plate: see comments

j. ab plate / side rivets / cod: check

k. strapping system: check

l. thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): check

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: check

v. weathering: see comments

*additional comments*

I would recommend changing the leather MP40 shoulder pouch for one made of canvas as the original MP40 pouches with the little tool pouch used as shoulder pouches in the movie were made of canvas, but this might get interesting for you, should you decide going for SWAT.

Back: please tone down the weathering of your back armor so it matches the rest better.

Buttplate: please add a second snap to the buttplate as per CRL it says:

“Visible fasteners under lower Codpiece center area includes two (or 3) male snaps in the back.”

41228069001_834bac59dd_b.jpg

RESULT ON ARMOR

pending

Backpack

a. details: see comments

b. weathering: check

*additional comments*

As has been mentioned before, your Gio´style canteen needs to be altered, the threaded section at the bottle neck has to be removed.

RESULT ON BACKPACK

pending

Weapon

a. details: check

b. weathering: check

*additional comments*

Both your weapons look good, you should remove the curly wire on your E-11 but as it is such an easy change, I´m just going to trust you on this ;)

With the DLT, you have already noticed that you have to add the wire around the T-tracks.

RESULT ON WEAPONS

Checked & Cleared

Scott, this was your first review! Keep up the good work, those changes aren´t too difficult.

I´m looking forward to seeing some new pics of your improved gear soon.

Cheers mate

Hausi - MEPD Deployment Officer

Besides the small touch ups you need to do I'm very positive about all the work you have already done and how your armor looks!  Good luck with getting that PO certificate!

Should be easy once you've made the changes.. :salute:

Ok so weathering has been toned down on the back.   I messaged a couple of you wondering about the RS weathering and how to remove it, but some fine grit sandpaper did the trick.   This fills me with hope about reworking some of the weathering later on for SWAT if I decide to do it.  :)

KsmN10F.jpg

interesting that his came with only one. Any one knows what kind of snaps RS use? I can understand Scott would want a "pretty similar" kind of snaps he has. I have already msged @ross8008 on this.