Sand Trooper pack parts

Qui-Gon Joe

Working on my pack, got everything I need except the Sonix, the "bee stinger/canteen/faucet cover" and "cistern/siphon". Apparently it's the wrong time of year to get faucet covers... I have heard, however that there are a few people who make reproductions of these items and was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with these individuals. :)

*EDIT* Got the canteen covered (Thanks to RoCKo and M4vrick)

Have a look here, close to 100% accurate exept for age and one of the nicest guys to deal with!

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/15237-fs-lion-star-canteen-exact-match-to-gio-style/

Since we know the real deal was a Gio'Style 600 canteen the faucet cover isn't 'correct' anymore!

For the Sonix contact @woodman, he has. the most accurate Sonix replica to date.

If located in Europe RS Propmasters will sell these to you.

There are some cheaper alternatives in the For sale section, just have a look there...

Since real siphons get harder and harder to find the vacformed siphon by RWA @ross8008is a nice substitute.

There is a review thread, have a look here...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/15638-rwa-vacuformed-shires-syphon/

3 hours ago, Qui-Gon Joe said:

Still looking for the Sonix and siphon. Have seen lots of mention of Crashmann (and links to pictures of his parts) but can't find any reference of how to contact him. Anyone have any leads on that?

Not sure where you are, but I got my siphon from All Bits plumbing in the UK.  

I shaved down some of the plastic (where the hook is) and bondo'd it. 
It was listed as 
Toilet WC Cistern For Lever Macdee Round 3 Part Syphon Rapid Fit Flush Unit 9"
If they do not have it, at least you have the name of the product to search for in other shops. You most likely will have to search for UK sellers, as that style is not used in the US.

Their contact info 

Allbits   Plumbing
108-110 cuxton road
strood
rochester
Kent
ME22JA
United Kingdom
Phone #
01634 712816

On 3/31/2018 at 6:39 PM, Fraulein said:

Not sure where you are, but I got my siphon from All Bits plumbing in the UK.  

I shaved down some of the plastic (where the hook is) and bondo'd it. 
It was listed as 
Toilet WC Cistern For Lever Macdee Round 3 Part Syphon Rapid Fit Flush Unit 9"
If they do not have it, at least you have the name of the product to search for in other shops. You most likely will have to search for UK sellers, as that style is not used in the US.

Their contact info 

Allbits   Plumbing
108-110 cuxton road
strood
rochester
Kent
ME22JA
United Kingdom
Phone #
01634 712816

I'm in the US. Did a search for the part you listed and came up with the modern version, which isn't quite the same... :)
Do have leads on a couple of people that make reproductions though.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, Qui-Gon Joe said:

I'm in the US. Did a search for the part you listed and came up with the modern version, which isn't quite the same... :)
Do have leads on a couple of people that make reproductions though.

Of course it isn't the same. This is where you get out the dremel, bondo, sand paper and paint. But if you got the ching ching to spend on repro stuff and don't have a body shop at your disposal, then you do you.