*DONE* TD-23272 Requesting Deployment

1 hour ago, Madman said:

Here we go again if I could send my certificate back I would THE STICKER IS A UK GARISON STICKER to show he’s been cleared there are to many cooks on here this kit is way and above the MEPD standards better than some swat ! Jump through hoops this is, We have to do all this to clear in uk garrison as our standards are the highest in the world ! I love the 501st and what we do but this sucks the life out of it 

It's a sticker! Take it off for approval. Move along...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

It's a sticker! Take it off for approval. Move along...

It’s not just a sticker it’s a tribute to the UK Garissons founder Graham. If you realised how important the said sticker was, you wouldn’t even ask for it to be removed. Without the sticker on your kit, you can’t troop with the UKG. 

Also, if it’s taken off, (which IMO is disrespectful) you have to wait to the next induction event to get a CO to put one on again. 

I guess you guys aren’t content with sucking the fun out of the swat application, you’ve now turned your attention to PO too. 

The whole point of the 501st is to promote star wars and raise money for charity. And to have fun. 

Peace out 

(BTW just photoshop the sticker like everyone else has done in the past!)

16 minutes ago, Lee_C_77 said:

It’s not just a sticker it’s a tribute to the UK Garissons founder Graham. If you realised how important the said sticker was, you wouldn’t even ask for it to be removed. Without the sticker on your kit, you can’t troop with the UKG. 

Also, if it’s taken off, (which IMO is disrespectful) you have to wait to the next induction event to get a CO to put one on again. 

I guess you guys aren’t content with sucking the fun out of the swat application, you’ve now turned your attention to PO too. 

The whole point of the 501st is to promote star wars and raise money for charity. And to have fun. 

Peace out 

(BTW just photoshop the sticker like everyone else has done in the past!)

Lee, not all of us are familiar with UKG traditions. We just enforce the same rules we always have. POs applications in the past have also asked the sticker to not be present, if that requires a second shoulder bell to swap out then thats unfortunately what it takes. PO is not required to be a member of the MEPD. However, we encourage everyone to have their costumes held to a higher standard, MEPD has traditionally been the accuracy nerd group. This may discourage people from going for higher levels, but we hope that there is some satisfaction in obtaining that level.

Like I said in my previous post, the armor is top notch, the pack is great. The approval process will begin soon, all of these are suggestions from members to help. I understand the frustration in that certain garrison traditions don't mesh with rules of the legion and detachment. The command staff will discuss. 

• Like 2

Ok Boys,

Fact is - PO is an upgrade. A level higher than basic and closer to the original. That means, closer to the role model, closer to the film.

So, show me one of the Sandtroopers in the film with a sticker on the shoulder bell. PO means:  Closer to the original.  As good as possible.

Therefore, there are two options for a level upgrade and getting the PO-Status:

- remove the decal from the shoulder bell

- change the shoulder bell

These are standards that apply to everyone: No stickers on the Armor for PO.

And Lee, It has nothing to do with taking the fun out of the thing.  It's nice to honor your founder with this stiker, but rules are rules. And rules are only rules if they are the same for everyone.

53 minutes ago, Lee_C_77 said:

Yes - you are right. But as accurate as it gets.

Thanks.

• Like 3

• dutchy unlocked this topic

First of all, Good to see that you are applying for PO Rick! :duim:

Your armor is as I would expect from a UKG trooper! :)

And I apologise for the discussion in your topic.

The following is my one and only reaction on the decal issue and I won't appreciate or accept any further reactions being made here!

I am familiar with the UKG and it's traditions. But this immediately says it, it's an UKG tradition and not one of the MEPD.

We, the MEPD, are the most accurate bunch of freaks within the 501st since day 1. Our standards are high, some might even find them ridiculous. When people criticize these standards they should choose for another costume and not the sandtrooper.

This might sound eletist but we only strive for accuracy and the reward in the end is that you'll get acknowledged for your hard work in the end by the community and will be the proud owner of Police officer status or SWAT Officer status.

Let's keep it constructive and try to find an easy solution.

To all, please refrain from harsh or inappropiate language or flaming and respect the trooper that is applying for PO in his own thread.

When you do want to discuss about this subject create a topic so we all can chime in there.

Good luck with getting approved Rick, you can do it! :duim:

Edited by dutchy
Edited because Photoshop isn't an option.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thankyou =) and thank you for opening the thread back up.

Moving Along................ Pun absolutely intended and my inner nerd has just found myself hilarious!

I do (Thanks to Ross from RWA) already have another shoulder bell! The extended strap and additional snap on the unbranded bell was for the purpose of wearing it lower as the Move Along trooper does, but still attached under the fix any prop with tape, tape.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Rick,  let´s go for the first (and maybe the last?) review:

Name: Rick Smith

Legion ID: 23272

Forum Name: TD23272

Garrison: UK Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: check

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears). Check

j. Weathering: check

Result on helmet:

Checked and Cleared!

Armor details

a. Elastic straps shoulders: check

b. Neck seal: check

c. Black undersuit: check

d. Shoulder bells: check (thanks for change the bell)

e. Biceps: check

f. Forearms: check

g. Pauldron: check

h. Chest / back plate: check

i. Kidney / butt plate: check 

j. Ab plate / side rivets / cod: check

k. Strapping system: check

l. Thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): check

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: check

v. weathering: check

RESULT ON ARMOR

Checked and Cleared!

Backpack

a. details: check

b. weathering: check

RESULT ON BACKPACK

Checked and cleared!

Weapon

a. details: Check

b. weathering: check

RESULT ON WEAPONS

Checked and Cleared!

Rick, this was you’re your first and final review, great work, congrats brother!

You have successfully followed the guidelines in regards to the MEPD CRL and have met the requirements, be proud of yourself. Now, you are a member of the Police Officers, the Elite Troopers of Tatooine! It is hard work, but it is worth!

Please send the pic you want to use to Luis (Sandman Tigui) and we'll get you squared away.

We will have your updated information uploaded into the MEPD system very soon.

Congratulations on becoming a Deployed Officer of the MEPD! Now please report to the Mos Eisley Mess hall where you'll serve the troopers until the next newbie gets cleared.

Bigwam - MEPD Deployment Officer

• Like 2

This is AWESOME! to come home to find!! =D Brilliant! Thank you!
A good day in this house, my Son overcame his fear of Spiders and held a Tarantula and I got cleared!

Literally Stoked! I'll drop a message with my picture now! =D
Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you, was a great feeling to see it go through =D The week i did the weathering I literally looked at nothing but screen grabs haha! even told porkie pies to some of my Wedding Photography clients as to why there would be a longer wait for their pictures......... so this is a good day! =D

• 4 weeks later...