*DONE* TD 93905 Requesting Deployment

Getting you deployed should really be a walk in the park.

You've done some excellent work on the armor! The only things I can come up with is that your pouches could use a bit of weathering, not much just a bit as that doesn't show on your pictures and that the blue seedtrays are missing the black tape.

sandtrooper_hd_047.png

Oh and does your radio also have the wire wrapped around it as I can't see that either. Not a showstopper but it looks so much better with one.

Again, good luck with getting deployed!

1 hour ago, bigwam said:

I mean, in my opinion, you can make it with or without tape on the Seedtrays.

Now that I've seen this picture, and I thought I had done my research both should be approvable :duim:

Thanks for the advice guys!

The pouches are weathered but it doesn't show up that great in the photos. Iam gonna add a bit more today and update.

The shoulder pouch has been giving me fits when it comes to staying in place, so i left it out and went with just the hip pouches.

Sounds good! I would just add the shoulder pouch for your deployment photos. Here is the wording in the CRL.

"The standard configuration calls for a minimum of two pouches:

one pouch on the left shoulder and one on the right hip.

A third worn on the opposite hip is allowed."

Hi Shawn,

your gear looks great already and suits you very well. I like the weathering of your armor, looks very natural and realistic.

I am busy trooping this weekend, so I will do your review next week.

Some points you want to look at and improve were already mentioned by our dirty brothers in arms and I will quickly summarise them... and add some more:

The mesh in the frown of your helmet is okay for PO but if you want to be even more screen accurate, I would suggest you get rid of it.

I will need to see some detail shots of your blaster. From what I can see so far, I think you have to add the wire around the T-tracks. Do you have the disc greebly?

You don't have to add the tape to your pack but I would definitely suggest adding some more dirt, especially on the sides of the seed trays and the mortartube endcaps and detail but also the bottles. Everything still looks too clean so give it a wash with some watered down earth/sand colour.

Add the shoulder pouch, it may be canvas or leather. Mine is connected with the shoulderstrap of the backpack, which goes through a loop on the backside of the pouch and held with a snap, one side of the snap on the back of the pouch, the other on the shoulder strap of the backpack.

Furthermore I need to know how your shoulder bells are attached to the shoulder elastics. I would have expected to see some sew-on snaps on the elastics... but can't see amything.

The last thing is just a suggestion: the screws you have used to emulate the screen used bracket strapping look a little long, I'm just worried you might destroy your undersuit with such long screws.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics, keep up the good work and have a nice weekend.

Cheers mate:salute:

Update: Weathered the pack some more, i think the lighting in my laundry room is too bright. it seems to wash out some detail. Also did the pouches a bit by throwing them around in the backyard and grinding dirt into them. Also added pick of shoulder snaps. Ill update the original post.

My DLT is a hyperfirm and has the disk, addded charging handle and wire on the t track? 

OzoHW4Qh.jpg

Pg9ZQiyh.jpg

FohKXU0h.jpg

cAMYgooh.jpg

y2AIj3ph.jpg

nIZYhpoh.jpg

NnHnKNFh.jpg

yswiQdah.jpg

So you have figured out where to add the wire on the T-tracks, nice work.:duim:

Everything is looking really good now but I still have to see the shoulder pouch. I would like to write your review tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Hausi said:

So you have figured out where to add the wire on the T-tracks, nice work.:duim:

Everything is looking really good now but I still have to see the shoulder pouch. I would like to write your review tomorrow.

I think I got the strapping for it figured out. I'll post an update after work today.

Sounds good!:duim:

And could you please also show a close-up of the screws used at the bottom of the chest to emulate the original strapping? I'm afraid they are pan head screws while they should be flat head screws.

Excellent work mate, position of pouch looks good too, but take a black edding/felt tip and paint the white thread black, last and easiest change of them all. ;)

Running the backpack strap over the shoulder strap is actually the way to go, most people have it that way.

Go for it mate, you are so close, I'm looking forward to writing a very positive review after work today! :yes:

Hey Shawn,

are you ready for your review?

So here we go!

Application Review:

Name: Shawn Brock

Legion ID: TD 93905

Forum Name: Revolver Ocelot

Garrison: Southern California Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: check

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears): check

j. Weathering: check

*additional comments*

Nice work, helmet looks great! As mentioned before, you could get rid of the mesh insert in the teeth area to have an even more accurate look, but this isn´t a requirement for PO.

RESULT ON HELMET

Checked & Cleared

Armor details

a. Elastic straps shoulders: check

b. Neck seal: check

c. Black undersuit: check

d. Shoulder bells: check

e. Biceps: check

f. Forearms: check

g. Pauldron: check

h. Chest / back plate: check

i. Kidney / butt plate: check 

j. Ab plate / side rivets / cod: check

k. Strapping system: check

l. Thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): check

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: check (see comments)

v. weathering: check

*additional comments*

As I have already said, you will have to use a felt tip to dye the white thread on your shoulder pouch black but as you have already done such a good job and I can definitely see that you are aiming for accuracy, I am certain you will do that immediately. ;)

I really like your weathering, it looks very natural, good work.

RESULT ON ARMOR

Checked & Cleared

Backpack

a. details: check

b. weathering: check

*additional comments*

I assume your pack is an RS pack going by the size and bluish colour of the trays and bottles. This pack is absolutely acceptable for PO. That being said, should you ever decide going for SWAT you will need a new pack as the size isn´t really accurate, it´s slightly too small and instead of the light blue, the lower trays and the bottles should rather be battleship grey. Also the Ghio style canteen hasn´t got the right shape.

RESULT ON BACKPACK

Checked & Cleared

Weapon

a. details: check

b. weathering: check

RESULT ON WEAPONS

Checked & Cleared

*additional comment*

I am sorry that I wasn´t quick enough to tell you were the wire goes on those T-tracks… but thumbs up for doing your research.

Shawn, this was you’re your first and final review, great work, congrats brother!

You have successfully followed the guidelines in regards to the MEPD CRL and have met the requirements, be proud of yourself.

Please send the pic you want to use to Luis (Sandman Tigui) and we'll get you squared away.

We will have your updated information uploaded into the MEPD system very soon.

Congratulations on becoming a Deployed Officer of the MEPD! Now please report to the Mos Eisley Mess hall (don´t even think about messing around with those Tusken Bikini Maidens mentioned by Sandman Tigui;)) where you'll serve the troopers until the next newbie gets cleared.

Hausi - MEPD Deployment Officer

Thanks Brotha! Yea, the pack is a really old dirty boy pack i picked up years ago. Iam already in the process of putting together a new "filter" pack but that project will take awhile.

I keep going back and forth on the mesh in the frown. It looks "realistic" from a sci fi point of view but i do understand mesh less is more accurate.

And as requested, pouch with tactical sharpie applied, funny how the white thread didn't die black when i died the whole pouch.

EEgMbDHh.jpg