Out of helmet head cover/hat

trooper1

• 4 weeks later...

Pulling this back from the dead.    I would love to settle on an official cover.    There *are* times on unofficial, LONG, troops where you just need a few minutes without the bucket.   Having an official military looking cover to put on would be nice.    

Are there any smaller shield patches in circulation out there from previous runs?    What I mean is that if there are smaller patches that were made in the past I can start fishing on the 501st patch groups for a trade. 

3 hours ago, Plainsrunner said:

It looks like we were building consensus around the Coyote colored boonie.   Just need to figure out patch templates and brand, right?

I like the coyote, and Rothco brand is inexpensive and easy to find.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's out of the question to have two or three options for colors:   coyote, black, and green.    

The next question is:   should the patch assortment be similar, or could it be left up to the soldier to decide?

I like the coyote. Or maybe the 3 color desert camo?

As for standards...3/4 MEPD patch on the front and TD number (white type on black) patch on the back. They can be ordered on Etsy for about $10 shipped.

1 hour ago, Bootlegger137 said:

I like the coyote. Or maybe the 3 color desert camo?

As for standards...3/4 MEPD patch on the front and TD number (white type on black) patch on the back. They can be ordered on Etsy for about $10 shipped.

My only issue with the 3-color camo is that it is very representational of a particular conflict. (not to dip into politics and stuff). With a fictional force I'd just as soon avoid real-world-conflicts. Even if I have said boonie. Something less immediately identifiable is my personal preference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BadBatch said:

My only issue with the 3-color camo is that it is very representational of a particular conflict. (not to dip into politics and stuff). With a fictional force I'd just as soon avoid real-world-conflicts. Even if I have said boonie. Something less immediately identifiable is my personal preference.

Something generic like a solid color.   Coyote or black I guess.  Or if a garrison wants to all do a matching color I can see that too.

22 hours ago, BadBatch said:

This.

3 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Saw that. Looks horrid. And way too floppy.

I’ve been looking at the Rothco coyote boonie, and will probably order one this week so I have it in time for the Solo troops (assuming/hoping I’m TD approved in time).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Asher said:

I have seen on  Rothco’s web sit that they are made in white. This way each trooper can weather it as they wish or to match armor. 

Asher

White bucket hat?!

That sounds like something a traitor to the empire would wear. :D

485c50c71e14418dae5ce9b80fdaf10c--timeli

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bootlegger137 said:

Saw that. Looks horrid. And way too floppy.

I’ve been looking at the Rothco coyote boonie, and will probably order one this week so I have it in time for the Solo troops (assuming/hoping I’m TD approved in time).

I also saw this and it looks terrible.    

6 hours ago, Asher said:

I have seen on  Rothco’s web sit that they are made in white. This way each trooper can weather it as they wish or to match armor. 

Asher

Not a fan of the white bucket.    I really think it should be a boonie.   I favor Coyote but I'm not opposed to allowing choice of coyote, black, or green.

14 minutes ago, Plainsrunner said:

Not a fan of the white bucket.    I really think it should be a boonie.   I favor Coyote but I'm not opposed to allowing choice of coyote, black, or green.

Ordered a coyote from Amazon, and a “name” tape from Etsy tonight. Need a patch for the front. :td:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bootlegger137 said:

Ordered a coyote from Amazon, and a “name” tape from Etsy tonight. Need a patch for the front. :td:

Just need the 501st to clear up this stupid merchandising drama so we can get a smaller patch made.  :( 

• Like 2

The one on the 501st merch  is missing the molle strip. That is what makes it look odd.

I think at this point - maybe it'd be cheaper to do a smaller patch run, and everyone slap it on the  weathered boonie hat they already have :tongue:

On 5/14/2018 at 9:35 PM, Plainsrunner said:

Just need the 501st to clear up this stupid merchandising drama so we can get a smaller patch made.  :( 

That's not really what's preventing a run ATM. I was briefly a merch/branding officer for my garrison before and I can tell you, it's not fun juggling multiple merch runs at the same time. I promise you, @Gordonator is doing a great job and there will be some cool stuff coming out throughout the rest of this year. I'm sure this will happen eventually.