Out of helmet head cover/hat

trooper1

Would it be possible to replace the green with a tan or gray ? What ever color that would good.

that green and brown make me think of a biker on Endor. 

Just an idea.

Asher

On 4.4.2018 at 2:06 PM, Asher said:

Some guys from the German Garrison have a pic with them all in what looks like boonie hats. It looks real good. I think it was Thomas (bigwam) and Martin. 

Yeah, quite a few of us have the boonie hats, somehow as a tribute to the Tunisian actors (the one with the cigarette in his mouth mentioned before).

It´s comfy and you can just roll it up and put it in one of the pouches or store it somewhere.

27579851498_fcd24740b7_b.jpg

We all have the shield patch on it and our rank bar (the black one ;) ), and some of us have added different accesories to the hats, I have added two Bapty mags:

27579838268_df2815fbc6_b.jpg

Thomas has added his number:

40557202815_4a98efb786_b.jpg

and Martin has added a torn Cantina Band ticket (just love the idea :) ) but I can´t find a picture of his hat at the moment.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, trooper1 said:

Agree like the solid color. 

I like the solid color look too, but the question is this-  Would we go for one standard color as the unofficially official hat?  And if so, what color?

MtwOluz.jpg?1

I've personally already got the OD Green and the Beige, but I do think the Coyote would be a good look for us in general.

What I would do if we did an order run. 

I would sew the patches on at an exact location for everyone. N/C This way they would all be uniform. Then additions could be added by the individual... or we could just have a noted location to have certain insignia placed?? And people could sew there own.

gordon would have to do another run of patches though. Lol

Just now, trooper1 said:

I would sew the patches on at an exact location for everyone. This way they would all be uniform. Then additions could be added by the individual... or we could just have a noted location to have certain insignia placed??

PP sent for 1 hat with patch....lol

That would be great, thanks Jay! 

4 minutes ago, trooper1 said:

I would sew the patches on at an exact location for everyone. N/C This way they would all be uniform. Then additions could be added by the individual... or we could just have a noted location to have certain insignia placed?? And people could sew there own.

I'd say if we had a template laying out the seam on the hat (between the cap and brim) showing where to attach the patch that would be ideal.  
I prefer one particular brand of boonie hat.  

Although I'm sure plenty of troopers would be happy to have somebody else sew theirs up.

20 minutes ago, trooper1 said:

Agree, the template is the idea. Then just attaching the official patches. 

I agree we need one so called official brand to use. If we order in bulk we may get cheaper?

I'm partial to Rothco's boonie myself. They're cheap and they can take a beating.
Although I do miss my old one with the map pocket in the top. :(