Out of helmet head cover/hat

trooper1

i was looking at a Garrison cap and something close to the officers cap in a tan ( Desert Storm ) type color that looked real good .

I found som uniforms that mention stormtroopers. Officer and stormtrooper corp ( enlisted ? )

N3x4lX8.jpg

storm trooper officer cap

jEiTzTb.jpg

Stormptrooper officer uniform

IRJAfpG.png

Middle black is the stormtrooper corp uniform with cap

would theese be more like a dress uniform for troopers?

I dunno. I don't wanna be like those other guys. 

We are dirty and hanging out in a desert. We aren't on squeaky clean military installation/moon.

How about a hat worn by military stationed in a desert?
Like maybe a German DAK Afrika Corps cap. Or a Afrika Corps Forage cap?
Or maybe even the original "boonie" -  Russian military Panama hat.  

Or why not a bucket hat. As a nod to "Bucket hat guy with the cig hangin outta his mouth"

Image result for sandtrooper with dewback black and white

• Like 1

Well so far we have heard :

Beret

officers cap

WWII Garrison cap

Geeman DAK Afrika Korp cap

Boonie hat. 

Bucket hat 

I think they are all good ideas. Anyone else have some thought or pics of an out of bucket cover ? 

Asher

edited to add 

10 hours ago, Asher said:

Well so far we have heard :

Beret

officers cap

WWII Garrison cap

Geeman DAK Afrika Korp cap

Boonie hat. 

I think they are all good ideas. Anyone else have some thought or pics of an out of bucket cover ? 

Asher

Are trucker caps still a thing? 

jk  but You forgot bucket hat. (boonie hat  comes close to bucket cap) 

Some guys from the German Garrison have a pic with them all in what looks like boonie hats. It looks real good. I think it was Thomas (bigwam) and Martin. 

What about a bandana instead of a cap? 

I'm sure they make them pre-formed so you don't have to try and tie it every time - maybe elasticated, but then it might look more like a shower cap which is not a good look!

It could still have patches attached, but can also be worn under the bucket (as some troopers do already).

That way it's already in place when you take your bucket off, without worrying about keeping it on you as a separate piece of uniform.

I'm the new guy here (FNG), but I would vote either in favor of the desert German/Nazi style hats like Asher posted above (with a patch or pin or some sort on them), or desert style boonies with a patch or pin on them.    

Come to think of it, sterling silver pins that look like our badge would be cool.   Small ones that go in the middle.

The Empire was stylized after the Nazis after all.    

Very few people have been in on this discussion may be we should get a time line on this for people to offer ideas and then set a voting pole. May need to get command may not ? It’s just a hat not a “official” piece of equipment. But it would be really kewl if we were all sporting the same cover. 

I wonder if this is the out of armor dress uniform a stormtrooper would wear? 

IRJAfpG.pnghas any one ever done one before? This is the enlisted and NCO I think and the one below is officer

jEiTzTb.jpg

vUTEMyP.jpg

Yes but if you are going to go WW2 it probably needs to be more of a German flavor since the Empire was based on that style.   I really like the one hensel found on etsy actually...just needs either a shield patch or a silver pin.

Not that I am a member yet (hopefully not long now though) but I have been watching this topic for a little but and I have to admit I do like that 2 tone cap posted above. Maybe a brown & tan colour with the MEPD shield attached to the front?

• Like 1