Just wondering

Hi all,

i was studying this pack and have some questions about it. Please don't shoot me if  some of these we're already asked or discovered but i always like to learn more about TD's :duim:

As you can see on the picture i've highlighted 4 points was wondering about :

1 On the side of his black seedtray i see somekind for me a unknown kind of part ? What is this ? As far i see there's also ducktape around this ?

2 What is this sling for ? Connected to his MG or part of his backpack to carry it ?

3 You can see two iron rings on this picture is this connected to his backpack and / or  sling ?

4 Lot of ducktape around his lower seedtray is this also accepted for CRL as i think about the details :rolleyes:

I hope some can help me out and hope you all don't mind asking you this as i want to learn as much as possible about the Sandies :salute:

tdpack.jpg

1. I am not sure what it is but it looks similar to what @gino had on his newest pack to hold his capacitors.

2. I think that may be part of the backpack strap. I could be wrong.

3. Those rings are used to hold the pack straps on a karrimor frame. 

4. If you can see it on screen it is accepted in the CRL for packs! In fact that detail would be absolutely required for SWAT

hope that kind of helps. I’m very curious about #1

21 minutes ago, henselmonster said:

1. I am not sure what it is but it looks similar to what @gino had on his newest pack to hold his capacitors.

2. I think that may be part of the backpack strap. I could be wrong.

3. Those rings are used to hold the pack straps on a karrimor frame. 

4. If you can see it on screen it is accepted in the CRL for packs! In fact that detail would be absolutely required for SWAT

hope that kind of helps. I’m very curious about #1

Many thanks for your reply :salute: Always nice to learn and share thoughts with eachother..:yes:

Indeed #1 making me think alot about what that is...maybe others can help out with this one also :duim:

Again many thanks

14 minutes ago, henselmonster said:

Here were a couple shots I got at celebration of @gino's move along pack. His capacitor holders looks pretty similar. But then again, fan made so who knows if they are accurate. Maybe if Gino stops by he could chime in on the part. 

gIP8TP5.jpg

lOukjAM.jpg

Thanks for sharing :duim: looks similar indeed..many thanks for helping out so far :td:

4 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I'm thinking of a different pack. Those look like those plastic retainer clips that Tie Pilots have on their helmets. 

I was thinking he same and have looked since Gino posted but haven't found anything yet!

Btw. The retaining clips used on the Tie helmets look like this...

IMG_3819.jpg

Shape and sizewise the complete part looks a lot like a slot a or slap 1 heat sinks used on cpu's orgrafoc cards in vintage computers.

Still i couldn't find the correct part and i'm still not sure if i am on the right path....

Maybe Gino can chime in but normally he won't share so who knows....

23 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Wasn't Strider the one who pointed Gino in the right direction for that build? I personally don't understand withholding information in this community. 

Yea, I think sharing all findings would only help, but at the same time I understand. He has his hands in so many different projects and probably has dozens of signed NDAs. He probably doesn't want to share just to cover all his bases on a legal level. I can sympathize, I too occasionally fear the mouse. But none of my projects have anything to do with Sandtroopers so I think I'm good lol