Right combination of audio/fans/hearing assist

I know this varies by personal tastes, but I'm trying to sort out how to equip my bucket.    I have a TKTalkie system with the anker amp.    It works and sounds great pre-install.   I just ordered my ukswrath fan bracket system.   I haven't done anything about hearing assist yet.   

I've seen some people put the tktalkie system in their radio housing for background chatter.   I know some use the hovi tip speakers instead.    For someone just starting out the options are a bit overwhelming when wanting to get a clean of an install as possible.   Any tips or pointers?

Get yourself a wireless mic and mount your TKTalkie, amp, and power  in your chest. I use one of those plastic/fabric pencil holders so I don't sweat all over it. This will leave room in your bucket for fans & bracket, power, and hearing. I originally had the hovi tip speakers but it's not loud enough for big troops. I don't use the loop playing through my TKTalkie as I have a separate system in my pack radio. 

• Like 1

Thank you!   That's the insight I was hoping for.    I'll order the wireless mic and the hearing assist now.    I already have a lipstick tube style power brick, the TkTalkie, and the Amp ready to go.     The radio chatter is great, and I love that you can just talk over it with TkTalkie.   Seems very realistic.   

14 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Get yourself a wireless mic and mount your TKTalkie, amp, and power  in your chest. I use one of those plastic/fabric pencil holders so I don't sweat all over it. This will leave room in your bucket for fans & bracket, power, and hearing. I originally had the hovi tip speakers but it's not loud enough for big troops. I don't use the loop playing through my TKTalkie as I have a separate system in my pack radio. 

Ok... I think I have everything on order except for the bluetooth mic (my TkTalkie has the built in bluetooth).    

All of my stuff is powered by the 5v lipstick charger type devices.    Any tips on installation of these lipstick batteries?    I'm assuming on long troops you might need to easily be able to swap them out.

I use this to power my TKTalkie and it has worked fine on 5 hour + long troops. 

You're confused as what the TKTalkie BT feature is used for. As far as I know, the BT feature is only used to pair with your phone so you can change the settings on the fly. I use this headset and it's also lasted on all day long troops with no problem. 

I use this inside the back of my helmet to power fans and eventually more if I can figure it out. It's an overkill battery but I can probably troop all weekend long without turning it off on one charge. I get so hot in my gear and I use all 4 of my helmet fans year round. 2 pointed towards my face and 2 in the back facing down acting as an exhaust.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I use this to power my TKTalkie and it has worked fine on 5 hour + long troops. 

You're confused as what the TKTalkie BT feature is used for. As far as I know, the BT feature is only used to pair with your phone so you can change the settings on the fly. I use this headset and it's also lasted on all day long troops with no problem. 

I use this inside the back of my helmet to power fans and eventually more if I can figure it out. It's an overkill battery but I can probably troop all weekend long without turning it off on one charge. I get so hot in my gear and I use all 4 of my helmet fans year round. 2 pointed towards my face and 2 in the back facing down acting as an exhaust.  

OH right!   You are correct.    And the phone pairing does work very well with it.    Thanks for the correction.    It's a tad difficult envisioning and preparing all of this without the armor yet in hand.    

I'm going to perhaps get a spare lipstick for the TkTalkie as I know that when I go with my wife to these big conventions she's going to want to walk around all day long.   It would be smart to have 2 of them so I can swap out if it runs out of juice.    The other battery is probably smart due to all the possible fans needed.   I have the bracket but I bet I will add two more fans if I had to guess.   I tend to be hot natured and will burn alive in that thing.

Btw -- do you think this three port would be too big to fit in the bucket?

Link

I ask because by my count I'm going to have the bracket fans, possibly two extra fans, and also hearing assist.   

Edit:  or I suppose I can figure out how to get all the fans on the same charging port to bring that need down to 2 ports total.  

I have all 4 fans connected to 2 switches and one USB cable. 

You'll need to reach out to UKSWRATH/Tony about his hearing assist. He figured out a way to run fans and hearing assist on the same power supply without causing a lot of electronic feedback/noise. 

• 1 month later...

XrIjQUS.jpg

Two fans  blowing up at my face, 2 in the rear blowing down as an exhaust. Wireless mic velcro'd in place and overkill big batter pack in the rear. I have my fans paired up as left and right on switches so I can cut both or only one side off if I wanted to which I never do though. They are then spliced into a USB cable that goes into the power supply.

I'm considering ditching the bracket as my helmet is really pain in the ass to put on and take off and my face usually smashes against the front right fan. I'll have to figure something out whenever I'm bored.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, Airborne Trooper said:

XrIjQUS.jpg

Two fans  blowing up at my face, 2 in the rear blowing down as an exhaust. Wireless mic velcro'd in place and overkill big batter pack in the rear. I have my fans paired up as left and right on switches so I can cut both or only one side off if I wanted to which I never do though. They are then spliced into a USB cable that goes into the power supply.

I'm considering ditching the bracket as my helmet is really pain in the *** to put on and take off and my face usually smashes against the front right fan. I'll have to figure something out whenever I'm bored.

Does the helmet harness thing help you have some articulation with the helmet?    I have padding up there and I can't control my helmet at all except with the strap which I'm not crazy about. 

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Yeah it holds my head into place. I have a short neck but I can still turn my head left and right.

I'll just E6000 a scrap of ABS where I need buttons at.

Where did you get that helmet suspension from (I think that's what it's called -- the harness thing I was referring to)?