TD build for my wife - Anovos conversion

henselmonster

Finally getting started on the TD build for my wife Aimee  (@birthdaydino)

She is about 5'5" and has a slim/athletic build. So quite a few modification to the armor will have to be made so it fits her frame and so she isn't swimming in it. 

This is her in all her badass glory: 

NmW7nvA.jpg

Got the main bulk of the trimming done. Need to finish up the legs. After this we will be sizing it to her and trimming it up some more to fit better. I will be sure to show before and after pics for. those who may do the same thing to their armor. 

tYvjpbm.jpg

Excited to have my wife join me on troops! This will be awesome. Heres to the future Desert Fox member!

13 hours ago, Deuce017 said:

Went with the same set up for my gf (Anovos armor and cutting diagram). We are just waiting on some minor parts and she will be all set.

Awesome! Hoping to get all of her amor fitted this weekend, next week will be weathering and hopefully submission pics by next weekend! 

Went to a armor party today and we got a lot done. We are more or less done trimming. Still need to reshape the kidney/butt and the forearms. Trying out boiling water first to heat and bend. Here are some pictures. As you can see we had to trim off 1/2-1" off of several pieces. Her forearms had to be shortened quite a bit to fit her. 

JL6dgwQ.jpg

9zehFlZ.jpg

504AfE9.jpg

IxCm1LP.jpg

8RUWnGy.jpg

Yesterday we cut down more pieces, especially the chest so she could move her arms. Took off about an inch and half total.

Also we reshaped the forearms, kidney, posterior and abdomen with hot water. We used our sous vide to keep the water a little under boiling. The method worked so well. Much easier to control than a heat gun. I'm doing this method from now on. 

j6seXDj.jpg

Just dipped it in the pot for a few seconds, shaped it and put it in the sink with some cold water to set it. Worked like a charm.

You can really see the difference on the forearms. Heres a before (on the right) and after (on the left) 

fVzWYDq.jpg

Rounded them out using a 2 1/2" pipe I was originally going to use for my pack. 

zaLBklV.jpg

Did a test fit, its looking pretty great now. Trimmed down the shoulder bells a little more for more mobility. Same with the thighs, they had to come in another 3/4" of an inch. The belt needs work too, ultimately we should replace it with a good belt and not the crappy anovos supplied belt, but it will do for now. 

Still need to finish up the shins later tonight but its about ready to start gluing it all and strapping! Woo! 

lesx05T.jpg

QM55GF0.jpg

First test for after strapping and weathering. Needs a few more mods before approval pics. Getting so close! She’s looking great!

6ST1O7e.jpg

First mod is to the pauldron. It’s way too big for her neck, so we are adding new snaps to the neck piece to tighten it up slightly 

crIyZ8L.jpg

the silver snaps are new. By the way this is a trooperbay pauldron.

the shins need some major adjustments. They made need to be trimmed down a bit again. Also need to raise her thighs a little higher.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dutchy said:

so much goodness in this thread!!!!! :dance:

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, as you have shortened the underarms I'm not sure if it will be approvable for PO :(

NOOOOOO!!!! Yea sadly thats the only way they would fit her.

It isn't mentioned in the CRL, I know that its kosher over at FISD for EIB and I think Centurion...but we are not FISD. I will leave that up to you and the DOs! 

4 hours ago, dutchy said:

as you have shortened the underarms I'm not sure if it will be approvable for PO

I got curious as to why? (sorry for the high-jack) :salute:

Edit: CRL says that: 

• Requirements for all 501st costumes are proportional to the wearer in scale, fit and size.

I think that shouldn't be a problem for PO, especially as we always emphasize that height or the shape of the body doesn't matter and as it isn't specified by the CRL. 

For SWAT on the other hand, you would have to source some proportionally smaller forearms.