Frustrating experience trying to buy materials for this pack

Plainsrunner

I mean I'm trying to assemble the parts for this pack and it's maddening.    I put a portion of the parts I needed into the shopping cart over at Tosche Traders and went to check out and it just stops me cold.   It says I need to contact them about adding shipping to my location (United States).   To add to that, I can't find the Siphon needed anywhere else but on their site and it's out of stock and has been for weeks upon weeks.   

The only thing I've successfully been able to find and order is Woodman's radio.   :/

Hi Michael,

there are some other people, where you can buy this things.

Example:

- Syphon RWA Creation

- Seedtrays, Mortar tube, Details - also RWA

• Like 1

Tosche Traders doesn't always have everything in stock and has kind of shied away from Sandtrooper parts ever since the recasting fiasco last year (Tosche Traders selling recasts of Woodmans radio). 

Also Chirs, the guy who runs it, recently moved and hasn't been operating his shop during the moving process. While that was a nice one stop shop for a lot of hard to find parts, you can find many of the other parts on eBay, Etsy or other sellers (like Crookknight or RWA Creations). 

It has taken me over a year to source all of my authentic parts though those outlets. Takes time but is 100% worth it in the end. 

Another option is 3D printed parts, many of the parts that Crookknight sells that isn't sourced from somewhere else is 3d printed. Which is great because they are super lightweight parts. I can tell you, the Tosche Trader siphon is SUPER heavy. It will weigh down your pack. I would recommend the RWA siphon as it is incredibly detailed for a vaccuformed piece and is very very light weight or a 3D printed one from Crookkinght. 

• Like 1

I got my siphon from All Bits plumbing in the UK.  

I shaved down some of the plastic and bondo'd it. 
It was listed as 
Toilet WC Cistern For Lever Macdee Round 3 Part Syphon Rapid Fit Flush Unit 9"
If they do not have it, at least you have the name of the product to search for in other shops. You most likely will have to search for UK sellers, as that style is not used in the US.

Their contact info 
Allbits   Plumbing
108-110 cuxton road
strood
rochester
Kent
ME22JA
United Kingdom
Phone #
01634 712816

It is a scavenger hunt for sure.  I may be a little out of date here...Airborne, correct me if I'm wrong...Gordonator may still be selling those cisterns.  I have one, it looks great, and its been going strong for 2 years.  Also Crashmann (Charlie) offers a bunch of parts.  Here is a link to all of the parts that he offers.

http://tk386.com/sandtrooper_backpack_kit/