Initial chest fitting.

MAXXTRAX77

Can I get some input on what I have done so far. Is the space between my kidney plate and back alright for swat level? Or what should be done about that? The kidney should butt up at the sides flush with the abs correct? I can’t shift the butt up more can I? 

Thank you

C85CEBBF-1280-4A02-8C74-1863C1CC039B_zps

DE8F00E3-9202-449C-A3E4-9CA487924EF5_zps

452C40B7-C729-4F29-BA01-B960707DB5CA_zps

DE8F00E3-9202-449C-A3E4-9CA487924EF5_zps

The gap is definitely too big, also for basic approval. Keep in mind that you will have to achieve PO status first before going for SWAT and you will need a field pack for PO, and with the current shape of your shoulder pieces, wearing that pack would be very uncomfortable. Heating up and flattening the shoulder pieces as Revolver Ocelot has said, is a good idea, but be very careful with the heat gun. 

There shouldn't be a gap, but as soon as you have added the internal strapping connecting your backplate and kidney that should solve the problem anyway. I also think that the kidney and butt are too low right now, when you pull them up slightly while pushing the backplate down by flattening those shoulder parts on your backplate and adding slightly longer elastics connecting chest and back, it should turn out just fine.:duim:

I don't know what "sides" you are talking about, maybe you can add a poc. In general it's a good idea to have a look at the PO applications first, one of the mandatory pictures has to show the inside of the armor and the strapping method used, either screenused brackets or snaps. Using velcro is actually only acceptable for the shins, furthermore it's not remmendable on othe parts as it has to take quite a lot of abuse when trooping and snaps are just more reliable.

The left side (as you're wearing it) should be clam shelled together via the 6 split rivets and nylon or elastic. Your right side should have the snap on the top corner on the ab plate. That will be connected to a snap on elastic and connected to the kidney side which is glued in place.