SOLO - Mimban Trooper CRL Development

henselmonster

After watching solo again and again the other day, I’ve noticed that it seems like most of the Mimban troopers that actually have lines or spend significant time on screen are without the backpacks, AND without the bandoliers across the test. The two most representative of all the Mimban storm troopers being the two on top of chewy’s cage.

They just had the plash, and weapons. Heck, you couldn’t even tell if they had the ribbed undershirt. Hopefully they will all be optional accessories (ribbed shirt is option level one for Jedha Trooper, and R1 TK).

Also, I really hope the CRL is going to indicate the plash palatka is heavily distressed, and weathered black. I just couldn’t see any green in them, as hard as I looked (and for selfish reasons, I’m just eager to dye mine. I’ve had the dye pods on standby since before August).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To assure you troops that some items are addressed correct:

This is from the CRL:

Poncho

• The Poncho must be weathered, dyed black and have leather grommets. It needs to be styled after the Plash Palatka

I have stated that the pack and pauldron are optional but I have the idea that the LMO wants the Bandolier to be a part of the basic configuration.

And if you have any pictures that would be usefull for the CRL shoot them to me in a pm!

Thanks and you're patience will be rewarded eventually troops!

• 1 month later...

One thing I see that needs corrected on the CRL. The bandolier should be optional, since most Mimban troopers did not have one...especially the two with the most screen time that were guarding Chewie’s cage.

EDIT: I see I was not the first to comment about this. I also second the observation about the shoulder straps.

So far, if those are the only two noticeable issues, I’d say great job to those who worked to develop this CRL. Thanks for all of the hard work and research!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hope I'm not to late to the party, but I've got my mimban armor, but my ab and kidney section looks a little different than the CRL picture, but its literally the R1 jedha armor, just split differently, does this still qualify or does it have to be the exact same as the pictures on the CRL? 

Hope I'm not to late to the party, but I've got my mimban armor, but my ab and kidney section looks a little different than the CRL picture, but its literally the R1 jedha armor, just split differently, does this still qualify or does it have to be the exact same as the pictures on the CRL? 
Please post pictures of your ab and kidney section.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, darthcue said:

Yes for Level 1 approvable as the CRL states.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Not necessarily, the split between the kidney and ab plate should be 70 degrees, the ones from the OT (like this) are vertical.

My advice is to speak to your GML, it’s their ultimate decision, not ours.

Sweet, I have a armor party in a couple weeks maybe I can look at some modifications for it if they dont approve it. Do you guys know of some builders who only sell maybe these ab and kidney pieces separately that I could purchase if needed?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk