SOLO - Mimban Trooper CRL Development

henselmonster

To share some of the fun of the new CRL:

This is what I decided to put down for the helmet:

• A blast shield is mounted on front of the helmet.
  • Blast shield must appear to be mounted to the helmet by oval shaped bolts.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Darth Pleatsalot said:

I’ll have the mains it again, but I’ve seen something that was similar to a visual dictionary that referred to the blast shield as a “sensor dome”.

I also agree, with a lack of any official terminology for the “bolts”, then something along the line of mounting bolts, or mounting hardware would seem like an appropriate name for those greeblies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’re referring to the Solo visual guide.  However “blast shield”  is consistent with the name already given to similar parts on the shoretrooper and combat assault tank driver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchy said:

Anyone have good pictures of the blaster that is used by the MImban?

I think they can use either the E11 (Rogue One version) or the E10.  I’m guessing you could reuse the E11 from the Jedha Trooper?  I have pics of an E10 that I can send through.

I think you’re referring to the Solo visual guide.  However “blast shield”  is consistent with the name already given to similar parts on the shoretrooper and combat assault tank driver.

Found it, and I was incorrect. It’s called a processing dome.

While it may be referred to as a blast shield on other costumes, it actually has an official name in the visual dictionary for this costume. It would be more accurate to refer to it by the appropriate name when that info is available.

baab66f3ae0a6c37f219fe9368057ae6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon_a said:

I think they can use either the E11 (Rogue One version) or the E10.  I’m guessing you could reuse the E11 from the Jedha Trooper?  I have pics of an E10 that I can send through.

I've got the E11 covered in the CRL. :)

1 hour ago, Darth Pleatsalot said:

Found it, and I was incorrect. It’s called a processing dome.

While it may be referred to as a blast shield on other costumes, it actually has an official name in the visual dictionary for this costume. It would be more accurate to refer to it by the appropriate name when that info is available.

baab66f3ae0a6c37f219fe9368057ae6.jpg

So it should be processing dome then?

So it should be a processing dome then?

That depends on how strict you want to be regarding the visual guide. If they just make up random silly names, such as “most chemical glow stick”, or whatever, for flashlight, then it may be hard to determine if “processing dome” is an official name for the piece, or just something silly that was added for the sake of adding something.

I, personally, think blast shield is an incorrect term used for every one of the costumes it’s used on. But we are only discussing the Mimban here. In this case, based on the description, and the fact they are in a very muddy, swampy, nasty, environment, processing dome seems to be more accurate for this specific costume.

It may not be very consistent to pick and choose which terms from the visual guides we would use and which we would ignore, so it is a tough call. Though, it is fun to be different, and calling
It something different than other costumes with similar pieces would help set it apart.

• Like 1

You're correct with people making up new and silly names .

I'll correct the blast shield into processing dome as we of the MEPD have the reputation to be nitpickers, accuracy geeks and having high standards and I would like to keep it that way ;)

• Like 2

Guys I need some guidance or good pictures that clearly explain and show how the chest plate connects with the back.

Currently we have the straps having to be slotted into inserts as a #3 requirement. According to the LMO's it's a #2 requirement but I want to have this explained crisp and clear in the CRL so that there is no room for free interpretation.

Also I'm looking for a good reference picture from the movie which shows the indent on one of the handguards..

And one last thing is that the pauldron will be moved to the accessories as not all the troopers are wearing one.

Wouldn't we use the same wording already in the Rogue One TK and Jedha Sandtrooper crls (since it is the same armour)?

Level 1: "They may be affixed with Velcro or adhesive.

Level 2: blank

Level 3: "These shall be inserted behind the chest tabs and into slots of the back plate"

I really think we"ll struggle to get a screenshot showing the indent on the handplate, they just aren't on screen long enough.  We know it's there because it is R1 armour but as for actually seeing it....

1 hour ago, Dragon_a said:

Wouldn't we use the same wording already in the Rogue One TK and Jedha Sandtrooper crls (since it is the same armour)?

Level 1: "They may be affixed with Velcro or adhesive.

Level 2: blank

Level 3: "These shall be inserted behind the chest tabs and into slots of the back plate"

I really think we"ll struggle to get a screenshot showing the indent on the handplate, they just aren't on screen long enough.  We know it's there because it is R1 armour but as for actually seeing it....

I understand your post and I share this opinion, but this was asked by one of the LMO's. They decide what needs to be in the CRL or will get approved.

Also I need to create some sort of gallery apparently ..

This is a part of my email to the LMO:

LMO- Shoulder Straps: L3 requires these be inserted into slots of the back plate.  That's fine until we get to the chest.
dutchy* Also looking into this and gathering pictures that show it so that there will be no room for free interpretation.

LMO- Chest: strap inserts are part of L2, but the strap requires inserts into the back plate for L3. This seems inconsistent and confusing.  I would look at the straps, the chest, and the back and make sure it is clear.  This would be another stellar example to use in the gallery.
dutchy* See  my previous remark above.

The general idea behind me sharing this specific section with you all is that you realise that writing a CRL isn't easy.

Well, to look at it from another angle: does the wording about the shoulder bridges being inserted into slots at the back and under tabs on the chest even need to be a level 2 or 3 requirement?

I'd argue that it is a very distinctive part of the armour (one of the more obvious differences between R1 and OT) and should be a requirement for basic.  In addition there is currently only 1 maker of this armour anyway and while others are in the works I believe they all have this method of attachment. 

That's something that has crossed my mind but as certain pieces of text are a direct copy of the R1 armor CRL( and that's what's the Mimban Armor is based upon) that's what they 'll( the LMO team) use as a starting point to review this specific section.

Plus the fact that every part needs to be explained thoroughly in each CRL and I want to keep our level of nitpicking up high ;)

Troops/ brothers and sisters,

If you have any pictures that I can add or of which you think that it will be a good addition to the gallery of the Mimban CRL please pm them to me so I can add them.