SOLO - Mimban Trooper CRL Development

henselmonster

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎26‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 10:12 PM, GilFran007 said:

He missed the announcement about putting all your folding trays in the upright position....lol

LOL !!!

I hope that the bolt action rifle looking weapon is actually in the film and not just an accessory for the toy. It looks really interesting, but I haven't seen it in any  movie screen shots yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is based on the same armour as Rogue One I think a lot of this crl can just be copied over from the “Jedha Trooper” with certain additions:

- The sniper or blast plate on the bucket.

- The Plash Palatka poncho

- Weathering details

- Option of an E10 or Rogue One E11 blasters

- Optional 4 pocket bandolier

- Optional pack and Pauldron

• Like 2

On 4/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, bigwam said:

I like the style of the helmet. Especially the shield on the helmet. It looks like the "Stirnschild" from a German WW1-Helmet.

Thats an awesome catch! Never would've known. It's stuff like this that deepens my appreciation of SW's character design and research.

8 hours ago, Plainsrunner said:

The cape is a plash-palatka dyed black.   Soviet military.

Not sure if it is or not. It could be dark green but that part of the movie is so dark it looks black.  Honestly unless some behind the scenes footage surfaces we'll probably never know for certain. 

It has to be that.   It even has the same leather grommets that are on the WW2 plash palatkas.   This is what the mudtroopers are using as well.  People making the muds are trying to find the leather grommet varieties.  

1 hour ago, Plainsrunner said:

It has to be that.   It even has the same leather grommets that are on the WW2 plash palatkas.   This is what the mudtroopers are using as well.  People making the muds are trying to find the leather grommet varieties.  

Oh, I’m not questioning the plash palatka, just whether they were dyed black?

The one card - the pack looks like the old woodland cammo alice packs we used to carry 20 years ago.  Can see some of the cammo pattern on the strap over his left shoulder.

The "cape" looks an awful lot like the dark poncho liners we had in Desert Storm.

Did the guys with the pack make it into the movie? I recall one of the guys on guard duty wearing the ammo rig..but unless its in the vackground, I can't remember seeing backpacks.
These guys(like the other new trooper designs) got surprisingly little screentime.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

As far as I can see writing the CRL with these pictures as a reference should make it reasonably easy.

My compliments on all the hard work that has been put into this! :duim:

I'll start with taking the necessary steps.

8 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

Excellent news.  Maybe reach out to mimban stormtrooper fam on Facebook,  there has been a ton of research done there already.

If I have it correct that already has happened.

What I need now is a breakdown of the assembly of the helmet and the names of the parts.

So if someone is in a sharing mood, feel free to post it here!!

16 hours ago, dutchy said:

If I have it correct that already has happened.

What I need now is a breakdown of the assembly of the helmet and the names of the parts.

So if someone is in a sharing mood, feel free to post it here!!

Well since Jim is the one making the armour I'm sure he's best placed to do that.