SOLO - Mimban Trooper CRL Development

henselmonster

Alright! Lets get the show rolling on this guy!

CRL Development of the Mimban Trooper

Armor - R1 style Armor with heavy muddy weathering 

Bucket - R1 styled bucket but with blast shield similar to the Shoretrooper, gray or brown vocoder? 

Pauldron - Some variants seem to have orange pauldrons

Pack - Appears to be the crystal patrol pack or a variation of it. Similar parts it looks like

Cape - Looks to have a cape or poncho. 

Blaster- We have seen this trooper with a long gun, what looks to be a new e-11 variant like the death trooper blaster. and e-11s 

Here is a collection of photos/toys/screen ref we have so far. Thank to @mr paul for posting these up on the Mimban Trooper Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/138844483461176/

Feel free to add any new reference and and builds here as we develop this CRL! 

bICZjIo.jpg

GVaHFnv.jpg

lRQ7zuy.jpg

bICZjIo.jpg

hHlMlkE.png

krlXDZF.png

tciFjcb.jpg

EzZAewA.jpg

zd6PRsT.jpg

8hyqFkd.jpg

y6t0TME.png

13hjKMw.jpg

wSqxcAM.jpg

AgrRM9N.jpg

QyXfi1u.jpg

KzDORTg.jpg

This is going to be interesting as the FISD will try to get this one on board as well. Hopefully we can reach consencus about where it goes but we'll have to wait and see how the actual trooper will look.

I'm liking the big gun for sure...and black boots??

I think they are just muddy, I don't know if they are black. Sadly its hard to tell whats accurate just from an action figure.

But a little birdy told me that the boots are white....and theres a pauldron....and pack.....its a very informative bird. 

Once more artwork get released we will know more.  This trooper may have several variants. It is 100% R1 armor, the helmet is different due to the forehead attachment. The pack we have already seen in the trailer. 

1 minute ago, DarthStevius said:

In some of those pics it looks like FO undersuits maybe too!

an odd combination if thats the case (although it could just be that's because it's an action figure)

The R1 Trooper’s has ribbed undersuits as well, but they were cloth not rubbery gaskets. I’d imagine this will be the same. We shall see!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, henselmonster said:

Looks like he's maybe been patrolling the sewage treatment plant!

Hanging out with Dengar.

I don't know if anyone else remembers Wizard Comics Magazine. They had the segment (similar to Robot Chicken) and there was one frame with Dengar as a plumber/maintenance worker - "Hi. I'm here to fix the backed up toilets".
Guess we could call that guy "Waste Treatment Trooper" :P

I must admit personally I am more excited for the back pack than the trooper. As you can imagine Ireachy and Myself have spent a lot of time taking to pieces the R1 Crystal pack and are very much looking forward to doing the same to this new variant. Already we have noticed something "odd" about the pack so are really looking forward to getting our teeth into it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mr paul said:

I must admit personally I am more excited for the back pack than the trooper. As you can imagine Ireachy and Myself have spent a lot of time taking to pieces the R1 Crystal pack and are very much looking forward to doing the same to this new variant. Already we have noticed something "odd" about the pack so are really looking forward to getting our teeth into it.

Yep - hopefully should be posting up some observations about the Mimban pack very soon...

• Like 1

Also worth noting in the pic that has been posted up top of this thread with the yellow and red marker lines was one I posted last night on a Facebook page that has up and running for fair while now looking at the Mimban Stormtrooper. The pic is grabbed from the first few seconds of the 'Big Game' teaser from few months ago. This is the presumed 'Recruitment Centre' or 'Transit Centre' that we see only in that teaser. The red line shows that atleast some of the 'clean' troopers appear to have a 'bump' on the lid that is most likely the 'blast shield' we know is on the Mimban lid. The yellow line shows what looks to be the first shot we ever saw (before the promo cards and pics released within last week or so) of  a trooper wearing a pack. I think I commented on this at the time over on our (Mr Paul and ireachy) R1 back pack thread. 

What is obviously interesting is that these troopers are 'clean', but highly likely to be the same as the Mimban Stormtrooper - so are they troopers on Mimban but not field depolyed or are all Stormtroopers to be seen in SOLO likely to have the 'blast shield' lid?

Search02.png

Scroll up, John posted the card with the pack. What's interesting is the pack strap is still woodland cammo and not dyed black like R1. The alice pack bag is like a khaki color. Could be a continuity issue to make the cards, but we won't know until the movie comes out to compare.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bigwam said:

I like the style of the helmet. Especially the shield on the helmet. It looks like the "Stirnschild" from a German WW1-Helmet.

Yes. Someone else sees it.