pitchofdreams

AMMO POUCH WITHOUT USING BACKPACK

Hi my fellow sandys -

Not that we want to troop without the backpack ever - but... if we did, the ammo pouch which goes over the left shoulder, I attach mine to the strap of my backpack. 

For hospital troops using the backpack can be challenging, so What is the best way to attach the ammo pack to the shoulder without the use of the back pack?

looking forward to hearing from you all,

Alex Burrell

PO TD 52232

You can rig up something to your pauldron. I’ve done a few hospital troops with my pack and I get what you’re saying. I’d feel naked without it though

I've rigged mine to wear on the shoulder bell strap and a magnet on the bottom, with a matching magnet on the back of the chest plate to hold the pouch in place. 

• Like 1

I use the same setup as Puinisha, but without a magnet.

Thanks guys! - I really appreciate the feed back and suggestions, I will have to have a play around with it - but yes, we are naked without the field pack!

Right now im experimenting with a strap connected to my back plate to simulate a backpack strap. Im a bit picky about positioning so i really hope this works out.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:52 AM, Punisha said:

I've rigged mine to wear on the shoulder bell strap and a magnet on the bottom, with a matching magnet on the back of the chest plate to hold the pouch in place. 

Same here...just made a snap loop that goes around the top MP40 strap and then it goes thru the shoulder bell to chest armor strap. Mine hangs fine (on a slight angle) most of the time w/o the magnets (which I plan on trying soon)

My pack is still under construction, so I rigged up a shoulder sling that I wear under my armor. The pouch just attaches onto the sling. 

• Like 1