RLH2515

New AM Armor too white ?

Ok so I’ve been told the new AM armor is too white for the sandy. You have to alter it somehow. Anyone have experience with dulling the white down any or was it not a problem. 

I always have given my armors a base coat of radiator spray paint, eggshell or off white.

It also gives it a matte finish.

I hope this helps :)

Interesting.... you can always water down your paint and give it a good wash weathering as a base. 

• Upvote 1

That's interesting as I bought my AM kit about 2 years ago.  I'm sure with the right weathering you can dull the white enough to make it work.

so i guess after i build the armor ill give it a shot of some off white spray paint. Then ill do my weathering like pandatrooper did in his 4 part video. Unless anyone who did a newer AM kit has a better idea, my comlink is open.

I don't know the AM kit but my TM kit was also pretty white when it arrived, although I didn't go for the acrylic capped version and after adding the heavy weathering and dirt spots in specific places I gave it a wash with vallejo model colour earth (actually several layers, always dabbing off most of it almost immediately), but there are many different ways, try what suits you best mate.

2 hours ago, clonecollector said:

I sprayed my NE (same maker as AM) with a matte clear coat so the weathering would not come off over time.

did you do a base layer of a duller white before you did the weathering ? Or just the matte clear coat after the fact ?

46 minutes ago, RLH2515 said:

did you do a base layer of a duller white before you did the weathering ? Or just the matte clear coat after the fact ?

I did the matte after I had already weathered the armor.

But keep in mind that you can't change the weathering anymore after adding the clearcoat...or at least it's going to be difficult.

good info guys thanks. since im shooting for a swat level and i see what they go through ill wait on the clear coat lol.

On 23/01/2018 at 9:11 AM, Airborne Trooper said:

Interesting.... you can always water down your paint and give it a good wash weathering as a base. 

I'd try the dirty wash first. If it doesn't darken it down enough it' fairly easy to clean off.

• Like 1

so forgive me for asking but is the dirty wash where you smear the brownish paint like the burnt umber all over and remove like panda trooper did in his video ?

16 minutes ago, RLH2515 said:

so forgive me for asking but is the dirty wash where you smear the brownish paint like the burnt umber all over and remove like panda trooper did in his video ?

Yep

• Like 1