New AM Armor too white ?

RumRunner

so i guess after i build the armor ill give it a shot of some off white spray paint. Then ill do my weathering like pandatrooper did in his 4 part video. Unless anyone who did a newer AM kit has a better idea, my comlink is open.

I don't know the AM kit but my TM kit was also pretty white when it arrived, although I didn't go for the acrylic capped version and after adding the heavy weathering and dirt spots in specific places I gave it a wash with vallejo model colour earth (actually several layers, always dabbing off most of it almost immediately), but there are many different ways, try what suits you best mate.

2 hours ago, clonecollector said:

I sprayed my NE (same maker as AM) with a matte clear coat so the weathering would not come off over time.

did you do a base layer of a duller white before you did the weathering ? Or just the matte clear coat after the fact ?

On 23/01/2018 at 9:11 AM, Airborne Trooper said:

Interesting.... you can always water down your paint and give it a good wash weathering as a base. 

I'd try the dirty wash first. If it doesn't darken it down enough it' fairly easy to clean off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ok So for future people who buy a AM kit do the following. Get some 1500 grit wet sand paper. Go crazy and remove the shine! This removes the high gloss to the armor and leave it scratch free. I haven’t started to figure if I’m doing fullers earth or the acrylic paint method yet. Removing the high gloss was the first to do so the armor will look “weathered “ and not clean/Old. I credit my brother Charles with this one. Cheers mate !!