Site Maintenance to be performed: January 17th, 2018 @ 8PM ET

HappyTrooperDotCom

Hello Troopers,

My apologies for the short notice.  This evening (January 17th) at 8PM Eastern Time, the MEPD forums will be going down for a brief maintenance window.  We expect the maintenance to take 1 hour.

Please use this downtime to remove any sand/debris from your weapons & field packs.

Thank you,

Damon

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

My apologies, as you can see, we are having some issues with our theme:

-whitespace between sections
- auto-complete not working when sending a message
- reaction/reputation buttons

We are also having an issue with our Tapatalk plugin.

We are actively working on these issues and hope to have them resolved ASAP.

Thank you for your continued patience.

• Like 1

I think this is the same issue when you said "auto-complete not working when sending message"
I am experiencing a similar issue when posting replies in threads.
I click submit, nothing appears to happen. Hit submit again. Nothing appears to happen. But it did submit, twice, however the reply window remains open.
If I refresh the page I can see that the reply did go through. 
This is the same with the private messaging system.

8 hours ago, Fraulein said:

I think this is the same issue when you said "auto-complete not working when sending message"
I am experiencing a similar issue when posting replies in threads.
I click submit, nothing appears to happen. Hit submit again. Nothing appears to happen. But it did submit, twice, however the reply window remains open.
If I refresh the page I can see that the reply did go through. 
This is the same with the private messaging system.

This is what I'm and my guess all members are experiencing atm..

A few other issues I have noticed. Personal messages are not updating. If I send one or receive one it won't appear in my inbox. I can only access it though the link I got in my email notification.

It also appears the activity page is not updating properly either. Same goes for new activity on the site. Its not really noted as new content. 

Yea I may have posted a few times on your application @Markus ' tiny ' Zeitvogel.  Lol! It isn’t showing up now. And my PMs aren’t sending either. In regards to your application the only thing missing is a photo of the back of your armor without the pack. 

As soon as these technical issues are sorted out we will be completing your review. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, bigwam said:

Will sent PNs be received? I know, i can not see it in the postbox but are they being sent? dutchy, I have sent you PN's but I do not know if they are also received?

Haven't received a thing bro'.... :(

I am noticing those too. I am old school so I view the entire forum and not the overview page of unread content. I click on the thread since it says someone posted xx many hours ago but then I don't see the post. Crazy, because I thought this last forum upgrade was more under the hood maintenance and it has broken a lot of features here. Happy sure got a baptism by fire lol. I'm confident he can fix it or find some help to get it fixed but we may need to roll back for a short while since elections are coming up very soon. 

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Happy sure got a baptism by fire lol. I'm confident he can fix it or find some help to get it fixed but we may need to roll back for a short while since elections are coming up very soon. 

A roll back is the last resort, I hope that it won't be necessary and that Happy can fix this all on a short term.

As we all know, Taptalk has stopped working since the upgrade of the site.  Eric (DarthAloha) has tried to work some magic behind the scenes but to no avail.

I have disabled the Tapatalk app/plugin and it may seem that "submit reply" is now working on forums and messages?  Prior to this, when I clicked "submit reply" on a forum or on a private message, my message would actually post, but you wouldn't know because the message was still sitting there.  I would click submit reply a 2nd time and it would double post.  

We'll have to table the Tapatalk issue and try to get the forum back to working order.