Battlefront II Heavy Trooper

dutchy

Troops,

I have been pointed out to this discussion on the FISD by it's Detachment Leader.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42081-the-official-2017-what-is-a-heavy-weapons-trooper-thread/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-591388

I personally would like to have this specific trooper added to the MEPD as there are lots of similarities with the  Special Edition Sandtrooper, SE TD. Plus the fact that we already have the BattlefrontMagmatrooper.

So, I would like to use this topic to discuss the armor. :duim:

Borrowing these images from the link above 

hwt1.jpg

The armor, like the rest of the imperial troopers in BF2 use ROTJ armor. 

hwt2.jpg 

In the game, when the mission is not on Tatooine, the Troopers wear a black Pauldron, looks to be leather and full sized and not the shorter neoprene looking version that the Sandtoopers wear in the special edition. The Heavy troopers also have a ROTJ bucket for these missions.

It looks like in the Tatooine Mission however they are given an Orange Pauldron and the painted details on the helmet match more to ANH's style.

So maybe in the CRL we should allow both ANH and ROTJ buckets (like we do for the Magma Trooper) 

Both version of this trooper wear a MP40 shoulder pouch, which the SE troops do not.

sandtrooper_hd_009.png

hwt3.jpg

The pack is also basically the same as the special edition troopers. 

Also I love the mud and grime on the boots and shins of some of these troopers! 

Here is an example of the Heavy Trooper details for Tatooine Missions. Still looking for better screenshots, but here is one: 

2H01h2R.png

Note the grey frown, the tears and traps don't have lines. Looks more like the ANH Sandy bucket. Still has bubble lenses though it seems 

Here is an example of the Heavy Trooper details for Tatooine Missions. Still looking for better screenshots, but here is one: 

2H01h2R.png

I play the game, so if we need more screen shots, I can get them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

There are so many similarities between this and the Special Edition trooper. I think the biggest differences are the use of the standard Pauldron and the Shoulder pouch. It is also a bit less weathered but it looks like in the game the troopers get dirty during campaigns. So I think any amount of weathering should be passable. 

My guess is that as soon someone has an armor and straps on one of Crookknight's packs we have a winner!

Considering the gameplay, you do see that the boots and shins dirty up really quick on certain maps.

Can't wait to see a completed armor!

It would be great if we could convince one of the ROTJ troopers from FISD to do one. Who else makes ROTJ armor besides TM and CFO? (There is a cheap version on eBay made by Maker of things, but I would avoid that like the plague, cheap flimsy recasts)

It would be great if we could convince one of the ROTJ troopers from FISD to do one. Who else makes ROTJ armor besides TM and CFO? (There is a cheap version on eBay made by Maker of things, but I would avoid that like the plague, cheap flimsy recasts)

I can post something in the ROTJ forum on FISD and see what response I get. I would just have to ship the pack to them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ericnathan811 said:

I'm actually midway on my own ROTJ build right now, and was considering going as a magma trooper, but this seems a lot more interesting to me. Is there a CRL for it yet? I totally would like to do this! 

No CRL yet! We just need a CRL model...wanna volunteer?????? :dance:

Definitely! of course I would have to finish the rotj armor first, I'll probably have it done in June. I just joined MEPD and still don't know exactly where to get accessories like the pack or pauldron, but this sure looks cool and I defiantly want to do it. Also I don't know if there is an age restriction issue, I won't turn 18 until next year. But I would love to be a CRL model! :duim:

Well you joined the right place for pouches and pauldrons! I recommend Trooper1 pauldrons here on the MEPD forums, also Trooperbay makes a good pauldron. Blaster 8266 makes great pouches (also on the forums). You can also find other pouches on eBay and trooperbay too. Right now the only vendor I know of that makes these packs is Crookknight. 

Sadly there is an age restriction for the legion. You do have to be 18 years old to join the legion. Once you turn 18 though you should join up! Have you checked out Galactic Academy? Its our sister organization for younger costumers. 

But definitely checkout the rest of the forum, research as much as you can. Feel free to ask any questions. Its a great community here and we are always willing to help out or give some pointers.