Aramis' Move Along - Pack #3 - Build...

aramis

Hi all,

I think I finally have the "right" stuff to begin a build, after several false starts the past few years...it's uncanny how life keeps getting in the way of me building things. But, I think in this case that's a good thing as I have even more accurate parts now. Here's what I'm starting with, please let me know if any of this is wrong. My goal is to aim for a SWAT-level build quality, even if I don't take it that far...but my general approach is to do things the slow, right way, once. That probably explains why my R2 took 5 years to build, but oh well...

Anyway, I currently have:

- a real Karrimor frame (I think it's a bit tall, but I plan on making new holes to mount the single top bar even lower to match Strider's build when I cut it down)

- a Woodman radio

- Woodman vac-formed trays

- real plunger mushroom caps

- approx. 4.5" diameter tupperware lid

- Lion Star canteen from m4vrick (which arrived in 2 weeks flat from Indonesia, not too shabby...and it looks awesome!)

- black ABS pipe w/ 60.5mm (2.38") diameter...I'm hoping that's OK

- crashmann 7-rib detonator plate and end caps

- crashmann toilet cistern

- Brexton flange-style lunch box

I'll get some pictures up soon, but if any of that sounds blatantly wrong for SWAT, please let me know!

Also, what's the consensus on radio dial / label visibility? I have some screenshots that show radio dials visible in the alleyway and Garindan scenes...but not specifically in the "move along" scene. Does SWAT need evidence from the exact scene being replicated, or evidence of the particular pack being replicated (knowing that only a few packs exist and therefore were used in multiple scenes)?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Off to a great start! I would say try to find a shires syphon if you can, but obviously thats super hard to find and not required for SWAT yet. But I would say compare your syphon to a shires and try to emulate its details as best you can by adding or removing details. Everything else looks great!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: If my aim is a SWAT-level build, is it OK to make things custom as long as they aren't seen? For example, can I put an opening or a hatch through the seed trays and into the back of the radio...for access to a battery, etc.? The opening would be invisible when the pack is worn, as it would be against my back. Is that type of thing OK?