First Time Weathering, How am I Doing?

Bodie

Hi there!

I'm new here, this is my first post. I went with RS Prop Masters for my kit. This is my first build and my first shot at weathering and was curious if I'm on the right track? I went with the Fuller's Earth/Woodland Scenic route, as seen on the looksirdroids site. I'm still fitting my armor and am almost there, so I'll get that posted at a later date. But anyway, here's the helmet I've weathered so far. I wanted that really dirty-grimey, crunchy, and uneven kinda look: 

5Spsynt.jpg

K5CLeSx.jpg
OSfbF7s.jpg
ZhUPgj5.jpg
QV8gSap.jpg

I'll be installing a different lens, as I'm not a fan of the flimsy lens the kit came with. Just tacked it in for now so don't mind that, lol. :tongue:

Thanks much! 

• Upvote 1

Looking good Masen! It's all pretty much personal preference unless you're trying to match a trooper for SWAT. I might add a little more heavier(darker) areas in some of the crevices to mix it up a bit. But good job so far. :duim:

1 hour ago, spOOL68 said:

Looking good Masen! It's all pretty much personal preference unless you're trying to match a trooper for SWAT. I might add a little more heavier(darker) areas in some of the crevices to mix it up a bit. But good job so far. :duim:

Thank you! I went ahead and added some more in the crevices and also added some darker tones for good measure. 

MPBXqy9.jpg 
fDX7mqJ.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Bodie changed the title to First Time Weathering, How am I Doing?
  • 2 weeks later...

The dirty areas look really good, but the others look a little too clean to me. After applying the "heavy" dirt, I gave my complete bucket a wash with some watered down vallejo earth (game colour) but doing this would probably also wash away the pigments. 

On 1/8/2018 at 7:57 AM, Hausi said:

The dirty areas look really good, but the others look a little too clean to me. After applying the "heavy" dirt, I gave my complete bucket a wash with some watered down vallejo earth (game colour) but doing this would probably also wash away the pigments. 

I see whatcha mean. I'll tinker with it. Thanks! 

I like it and as mentioned earlier, it's always personal.

I personally prefer the less is more approach, but that's just me.

The best guideline is "where would dust/ dirt gather or attach in a real situation".

Good luck with your weathering :duim: