Chopper48104

Chopper's TD Build Thread

Well, this is it! After spending the last year getting my Scout Trooper up to Lancer specs, it's finally time to start working on some of the other projects that have been clogging up my basement.

Here's what I've got --

Armor: WTF

Gloves: Black nomex flight gloves

DLT-19: Hyperfirm

Backpack: Deep discount hand me down. Needs some cleanup and refurbishing, but usable

Here's what I still need to get -- I've done some recon work (and a lot of the materials seem to be available through trooperbay), but I could use some feedback as to whether or not I'm headed the right direction, or if there are better options? I did check the MEPD Officer Training thread, but a lot of the links don't work anymore.

Neck seal: Trooperbay?

Pouches: Trooperbay?

Boots: Imperial boots

Paudron: Trooperbay or Trooper1?

Undersuit: Trooperbay or Renaissance Dancewear? (recommended from Looksirdroids?)

Belt: Trooperbay?

Hey man, welcome!

I don’t know how the trooperbay stuff is but my pauldron is from Trooper 1 and its really nice. Pouches are from blaster8266 which are also really nice. For the neckseal I went with Darman and for the belt Rob Kittel. As for boots I went with TK Boots(heard they weren’t selling them right now but it looks like they are according to their site). As for the undersuit I just bought that from amazon, it was about $30 for shirt and pants. Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do know some local members who have ordered from Trooperbay and have been approved no problem.  I prefer my Trooper1 pauldron and blaster8266 pouches but nothing wrong with going through Trooperbay.

Thanks Deckard and LoveMonkey for giving me some alternates to trooperbay. Much appreciated. I'll talk to Darman and blaster8266 for the neck seal and pouches.

Happy holidays!

Trooperbay is fine and dandy for approval but if you want something a little more accurate, stick with Trooper1 for the pauldron and nobody can touch blaster8266's pouches unless you manage to get a real vintage. 

Hey mate, as far as the boots are concerned, I would go for a pair of black leather riding boots, e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/CBL-PRODUCTS-Leather-Jodphur-Boots/dp/B007C25RXY/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1514301740&sr=8-35&keywords=jodphur+boots

or something similar. Rub them off with acetone and spraypaint them with some white leather spraypaint, it´s much more accurate as far as wear and weathering is concerned, as this is the way it was obviously done in the movies. 

11 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Trooperbay is fine and dandy for approval but if you want something a little more accurate, stick with Trooper1 for the pauldron and nobody can touch blaster8266's pouches unless you manage to get a real vintage. 

Hey, I appreciate the advice, since this was exactly the sort of guidance I was looking for. I ended up putting in an order with Trooper1 and blaster8266, so those are a few more items to check off of my build list.

8 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hey mate, as far as the boots are concerned, I would go for a pair of black leather riding boots, e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/CBL-PRODUCTS-Leather-Jodphur-Boots/dp/B007C25RXY/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1514301740&sr=8-35&keywords=jodphur+boots

or something similar. Rub them off with acetone and spraypaint them with some white leather spraypaint, it´s much more accurate as far as wear and weathering is concerned, as this is the way it was obviously done in the movies. 

Thanks man, I may try this is the future, once I get more of my full build assembled.

In other news, I've started trimming my arm and bicep armor and cutting cover strips for both. Seemed like the easiest place to start.