Powering RomFx

trooper1

Hey this is a question for anyone else who uses RomFX. Wondering what you power yours with.

i used to use 8 AA batteries but ran out of room in helmet after adding UKswrath fans in helmet. 

Using a 9 volt and 2 AAs now but don't work as well. 

Ideas?

I used to run this setup except I had an iCom. I ended up going to something a little more simple but you can read it and figure out a way to just power ROMFX and fans. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36733-helmet-electronics-and-external-power-supply-gen-4-ukswrath/?page=1

I liked the setup but got tired of running the cat5 cable down my neck seal. I have a USB power supply in my helmet for fans and another one in my chest for my TKTalkie. Wireless transmitter so no need to run any cables. Keeping things all 5v is ideal. 

I usually use a 9v battery with my Rom / fx, it is true that it does not last as long as with the pack of eight batteries, but it was very heavy for me to carry this pack.

According to John tells us in the technical specifications of ROM/fx....

The 9V battery connector will accept standard PP3 9V battery, however you can use 8 1.5v AA batteries giving 12 volts in total which will give longer run times and more volume. I highly recommend using the 12v set-up, but please bear in mind that you must not go over 12 volts. The unit does not have a built-in circuit, so if you accidentally put the battery terminals around the wrong way it will not fry the board.

Along with the ROM/fx, I usually use a microphone with a Bluetooth transmitter / receiver, which has its own charge battery through microUSB. What makes the ROM/fx board feed the 9v, without using that power for the microphone, it works for me, I hope it works for you.