Asher

Armor Harness/belt and boots question

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how you guys harness or belt your thigh armor. Pictures would be great !

Where do you guys get your boots ? I have heard that TK Boots is no longer making boots, not sure if this is correct.

thank you all 

Asher

I glued a strip of nylon into the front of each thigh with a loop in the end, then pass a nylon belt from the army navy store through the loops, works great.bbe0a00a5fe384ac8e6e2e286253d717.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comfort for long trips is important. First question can you sew or have access too. If so I create a belt from webbing material 2" and close with velcro in back. Then I mark with a silver marker center of thighs on belt front.

then instead of using nylon I use elastic for the down drops that connect to thigh parts.. Why? To allow the thighs to flex when walking. 

Measure the elastic, cut, heat ends to keep from unravel in future, then sew to belt at marked locations.

once sewed I sew a square of leather to the end and punch hole through for a female snap. I attach to thigh with strategically placed male snap placed on a plastic tab then glued to thigh.

done will last and wear comfortably for many years.

Thank you all for the information. I’m off to get them sized fitted and belted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk