Shoulder pouch issue

deckard1138

Hey guys, this seems to be a chronic issue for me and it shouldn’t be. My canvas shoulder pouch is either getting partially stuck under my chest plate or folding over since it’s segmented. It’s attached to my pack strap by 2 Alice clips. Can’t seem to remedy this! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

04d588894f998bae4c3d6b4e7ddf3461.jpeg

Try attaching it by a different method. The alice clips might be pulling it too snug to the strap length wise so the pouch is following the curve of the strap as it goes underneath your arm. I use two snaps I had leftover from my build. 

Try attaching it by a different method. The alice clips might be pulling it too snug to the strap length wise so the pouch is following the curve of the strap as it goes underneath your arm. I use two snaps I had leftover from my build. 

Can you show me a photo when you get a chance? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this will help your ammo pack from folding...do your rear-facing securing loops on the ammo pouch run diagonally?

I have a snap on my alice pack strap that secures the ammo pouch.  Here is a photo of the snap on the alice strap.  This is simply a piece of 1" nylon strapping, with a single snap, hand-sewn onto the alice pack strap.  I have an Anovos kit, I didn't use their strapping, so I had some leftover.  As you can see, this one has velcro (not used).  Like a Jawa, I recycled :)

IMG_4639-e1474768030792.jpg

I can slide my alice pack strap through both ammo pack loops.  Then I just use the snap that was sewn onto the alice pack strap to secure the top ammo pack loop.

IMG_4647-e1474768016262.jpg

As you can see, the loops on the ammo pack run diagonally, so my ammo pack can't fold.  Are you utilizing both loops from your ammo pack?  If you are only using one, it could cause that folding problem.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this will help your ammo pack from folding...do your rear-facing securing loops on the ammo pouch run diagonally?

I have a snap on my alice pack strap that secures the ammo pouch.  Here is a photo of the snap on the alice strap.  This is simply a piece of 1" nylon strapping, with a single snap, hand-sewn onto the alice pack strap.  I have an Anovos kit, I didn't use their strapping, so I had some leftover.  As you can see, this one has velcro (not used).  Like a Jawa, I recycled

IMG_4639-e1474768030792.jpg

I can slide my alice pack strap through both ammo pack loops.  Then I just use the snap that was sewn onto the alice pack strap to secure the top ammo pack loop.

IMG_4647-e1474768016262.jpg

As you can see, the loops on the ammo pack run diagonally, so my ammo pack can't fold.  Are you utilizing both loops from your ammo pack?  If you are only using one, it could cause that folding problem.

I initially did that based on your thread. The loops on the back of my pouches look bigger than yours so they’re not tight against the pack straps.

I made two metal strips and drilled them to the back of mine into the wood inserts. Keeps it from folding up like that.

That’s a good idea, I thought about backing the pouch with cardboard, might try your method instead.