HappyTrooperDotCom

HappyTrooper's Mission Journal

On July 6th, 2017, I had a solo troop with the great folks at FunBotLab in Annandale, VA.  This is a summer camp that helps kids learn about robotics, programming, and also stop motion videos.  I ended up trooping with them 2 more times at 2 different location.  The FunBotLab counselors were terrific.

FBLAnnandale1.jpg

On my 2nd visit, my daughter trooped with me too:

ShowNTell.jpg

Counselors.jpg

And my brother (TIE pilot) trooped with me on the 3rd visit:
hoops.jpg

While not an official 501st event, I did help my nephew celebrate his 2nd birthday...Star Wars style in July 2017.  He's also a big fan and already has his own armor.

Linc1.jpg

On July 15th, 2017, Garrison Tyranus was invited to a Star Wars style birthday party.  The young man celebrating has been battling cancer.  The day started off a little rainy, but once all of his friends arrived (and the video game truck), the sun popped out and we were able to have a great outdoor party.  The young man, who turned 6, is now in remission!

Bday2.jpg

Bday4.jpg

On September 24th, 2017, Garrison Tyranus attended the Dulles Cars and Coffee event to help raise awareness and funding for children's cancer.  Ellie's hats, an organization helping children with cancer, was onsite helping with the event.  On a sidenote, there was a functioning landspeeder at the car show.

TD-Speeder.jpg

EHPatches.jpg

SpeederGroup.jpg

On October 14th, 2017, Garrison Tyranus helped the Cascades Public Library celebrate Star Wars reads day.  We met a lot of great Star Wars fans, including this lady sporting a Darth Vader t-shirt.  The Force was very strong with her.

IMG_7085.jpg

On October 21st, 2017, Garrison Tyranus was invited back to the 13th annual walk for autism, held by the Parents of Autistic Children of Northern Virginia.  POAC-NoVA helped raise awareness and funding for autism research.

pic2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Wow, that's great seeing how often you've been trooping, and for noteworthy causes too!

One of these days we're going to have to meet up. Maybe AwesomeCon 2018 :duim:

Charlie

Yes, awesome troops indeed. Same here, we are pretty close and will have to troop together some day for sure. Sandie for life!