Yosh's Build

yoshix

20180127_104442_1.jpg

Backpack is mounted to the back plate. Also I moved the suspenders to conect at the front of the sholder straps. I think this will help prevent the torso from riding up.

20180127_104525_1.jpg

Everything is weathered other than the helmet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, henselmonster said:

One thing I noticed. Shouldn't the neck area on the pauldron be white also? Maybe some leather paint could fix that. 

I noticed as well. I wish they had attached it to the bottom and not the top like a regular pauldron. I've debated glueing a piece of white fabric to it

20180131_150841_1.jpg

So I just wanted to show off. This is how it breaks down for easy transport.

20180131_151709_1.jpg

This is a size comparison to my Heavy Weapons Trooper pack. It's a little smaller. 

Weighs about 10 pounds which is not bad. I think I can get it even litter by replacing some of the wood parts with foam.

• 2 weeks later...

A few people have pointed out that the pauldron is inaccurate. The conection pieces should be attached underneath and have white material on them.

20180209_141339_1.jpg

I cut them off

20180209_141538_1.jpg

I decided to go with a thinker fabric (probably has a name but I don't know it) so that it wouldn't fray and I count just glue it down and not worry about sewing through the think leather.

20180212_092416_1.jpg

Also decided that instead of trying to patch the holes I would sew along the line and make it long, hopefully making it look intentional. 

20180212_103555_1.jpg

I used the original holes for the rivets.

20180213_160333_1.jpg

And after a little weathering looks somewhat like it should. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all! After obsessing overreference photos and comparing my costume I came to two conclusions. One, my Black series helmet makes me look like a bobblehead. And two, it is missing some of the details from the scene used helmets. I know jimmiroquai makes a helmet as well but from what i can tell, it looks like a recast of the Black Series with some small differences. Which doesn't help my size problem. 

So about seven months ago I decided to start working on my own helmet sculpt. Unfortunately life got in the way more than once and I have had to start and stop this thing several times. 

Within the last month I have made some good progress and I thought I'd share. Please remember this is still a work in progress and there are still many areas that need to be finalized, so don't look to hard at the vocoder its just temporary. I know I need to clean up the eyes and frown, but I'm very happy with the proportions. 

20190121-150455.jpg

20190121-150432.jpg

And that last photo is to give you an idea of the size difference compared to my ATA helmet.  Today I ordered everything I need to make a mold and start casting. I hope to have a prototype in a month. That may be wishful thinking, we shall see. 

So, what do you guys think? Please be soft with me, I have a hard time with criticism. I normally don't post unfinished projects. 

• Like 1

Some small side notes if anyone is interested. 

I would love to be the CRL model for the Crystal Patrol Trooper as well. I have the pack and orange pauldron ready, I just really want to finish up this new helmet mold first to have for the photos. 

5 hours ago, yoshix said:

Some small side notes if anyone is interested. 

I would love to be the CRL model for the Crystal Patrol Trooper as well. I have the pack and orange pauldron ready, I just really want to finish up this new helmet mold first to have for the photos. 

Yes please. Lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20190201-191935.jpg

Sculpt is done! Its by no means perfect, but I'm happy with it. Every time I touched it i was changing something and at some point you just have to stop and say "enough is enough".

Now I'm molding. This is all so new to me and I'm super nervous to ruin what I've been working on for so long.

• Like 2

20190209-124300.jpg

I'm so close to finishing my helmet. As you can see the bobblehead problem is no more. I just need to finish painting. I'm having a bit of trouble matching the white on my armor but I think after I put a little weathering on it won't be noticeable.

The last thing I need to do is make a mold for the vocoder. 

I'm really looking forward to buttoning this project up. 

• Like 3