Crystal Patrol Field Pack discussion topic

dutchy

1 hour ago, LoveMonkey said:

That's not a bad point and shoring up the name is something we could do before the CRL gets submitted.  I've been thinking about it, and we could go with something like "Jedha Sandtrooper" and "Kyber Sandtrooper".  Not sure what everyone thinks.

Again Sandtroopers are deployed in more than one place, and the packs and accessories are designed for a certain type of environment not a specific place. So I don't think its right to name them after a location, we don't call the current sandtroopers "Tatooine Sandroopers". Just like your classic costume "TD - Sandtrooper - ANH", this one should simply be called "TD - Sandtrooper - R1".

For the Crystal Patrol Pack we should just call it "TD - Crystal Patrol Trooper - R1" which is much closer to official reference than "Kyber Sandtrooper". These packs are not necessarily all worn sandtroopers as the movie and all the official reference material would suggest, the other "Sandtrooper Type 4 Field Pack" is specifically meant for Sandtroopers.

I believe these names are much more appropriate and will coincide better with the existing costume titles.

The name can always be changed, preferrably before the CRL is written and approved. Just as long as it is recognisable for each and everyone within and outside the 501st.

I do like the suggestions and it's definitely food for thought.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, LoveMonkey said:

That's not a bad point and shoring up the name is something we could do before the CRL gets submitted.  I've been thinking about it, and we could go with something like "Jedha Sandtrooper" and "Kyber Sandtrooper".  Not sure what everyone thinks.

I like it.

Kyber Sandtrooper makes no sense at all to me. Crystal Patrol Stormtrooper or Crystal Patrol Trooper would be the most accurate name for them. Their kit has nothing to do with the environment they are occupying and directly relates to the activity they are involved with i.e. confiscating Kyber Crystals. It is "Field specific kit" that is the load out of a "standard stormtrooper" to quote the Rogue One Visual Guide. Changing the name too much seems like a little bit too much artistic license IMO especially as it is defined quite clearly for us in the vis guide.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I wanted to know where we are on these CRLs? I have an 850 AW kit enroute and already have the Crystal patrol pack from my ROTK (Jim) build. Looking to get my sandy on for MEPD approval.

• 2 years later...

Finally after all the official material referring to the Crystal Patrol (or Jedha Patrol) as “Stormtroopers” including this recent Black Series action figure. That’s one shiny clean TK!J5epM6V.jpg

We finally have something official referring to the Crystal Patrol / Jedha Patrol as a “Sandtrooper!” This Topps trading card.

wr9GI2s.jpg

I guess this supports the same concept discussed earlier in this thread; that Sandtroopers are just Stormtroopers too. I think I’m finally starting to come around, maybe this pack does belong with MEPD. Coincidentally the Sandtroopers on this trading card were also referred to as “Stormtroopers” as henselmonster pointed out.

1977-star-wars-94-interrogated-by-stormt