Infos about move along scene

Manutex

Hi guys,

hope you can help me... I'm searching informations, pics and names from the guys who played the "move along" scene with Anthony Forrest.

Last event, I was approached from a guy who say... he played a Sandtrooper in the "move along" scene!

His story: it was not planed, he was in holiday in Tunesia and meet there a school friend. They went to eat something, the friend tell him they are making a science fiction movie and ask him if he want to play a static Sandtrooper! He acepted... So he wear a costume, it was not confortable and it hurt him in many places. He have no idea how or what to make during the action.... 

His name is Peter Dowsett, unfortunately he isn't credited in the movie...

What you think about this? 

FB_IMG_1510263861715.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'll try to give him( Anthony) a call later today or send him a text.

But it's truly very interesting to hear that a "new" actor popped up.

Hopefully I can confirm it asap.

Oh, and a lot of uncredited actors were locals...at least for the scenes that were shot on location in Tunesia.

I texted Anthony and he replied already :)

Below his reply, and yes I get kisses from him :P

As far as I remember the other sandies were local Tunisians. I guess unless they have their name on the filming call sheet from the shoot or an image  from behind the scenes it is always going to be a question mark?  I am pretty sure if someone wanted to claim it, they can contact Lucasfilm for written confirmation about their involvement. Cheers xxx

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

When you have friends in high places, ladies and gentleman. :) 

Hahaha..I do consider Anthony as a good friend and also as a person to talk about the other things that life throws at ya. I feel priviliged to have him as a friend.

My advice to each and every one of you is to have chat with him when he attending an event in your vicinity.

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for your messages.

I don't think that Anthony Forest can help me much... he was the central person on the set this day but he dad no idea who are the other Sandtroopers... I read this here in the Forum. 

Cheers,

Manu

All i know about who there was inside the sand troopers when it comes to the move a long scene is:

I meet anthony forrest i copenhagen i oct 22-23- 2011. He was there together whit four other actors from the old saga...

On the first flyer there was two sand troopers on the flyer.

And picture of the other sand trooper was the other captain whit the dlt-19, and it was a female name under the captain sand trooper:

Kaye Power McGowan

On the second flyer her name was under a tusken raider, Anthony Forrest under move a long sand trooper, Allan Harris under bossk, and Simon williamson under max rebo.

(the dlt-19 captain looks shorter vs. the others, and not so muscle a like, plus no backpack, it might be Kaye Power McGowan)

Move a long.... move a long ;) 

sandtrooper_hd_049

IMG_1228IMG_1227

IMG_1229

IMG_1230

The only thing I can find about Kaye Power McGowan is that she appeared in the Hoth command center but there's no evidence or any of the other actors vouching that she was indeed a sandtrooper, tusken, and a few other costumed characters in the OT. 

I have talked a lot with Anthony about this and for me he's the only one who has there on set which his presence is proven, he states that all the other sandtroopers were local actors. If anyone else claims that he/ she was a sandtrooper he/she must be able to provide proof that he/ she was there on set.

Only LFL knows which actors were present that day and each and every one that claims to be there should have written conformation that he was present/ hired for these specific parts/ scenes.

my 2 cents...

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I also think that if there was indeed a female sandtrooper actress, it would be a much bigger thing to promote and be made aware of. 

pic's or it didn't happen ;)

• Upvote 1

But at least i got a new name to work whit for us, she might have been there, she might not... But her name on the flyer, and sand trooper autographs might mean something in the right direction...

Move a long.... move a long :) 

IMG_1519

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351111399.003148

MosSandtroopers38309728

Checkpoint02-KennerScann671305666_1265530_3922BehindtheScenes-Checkpoint01

It's always so cool to see those pictures....

But who knows, if she can verify that she really was there and has pictures( of herself in armor without  a helmet e.g.) to prove it who am I to say that it isn't true.

:salute:

• 1 month later...

Just notice this post....ahhh come on Dutchy...you never drink a beer with me at DB94 :pint1:...will have a chat  with Anthony about this :peace:

Though if she really was a Sandie then we may ask her come with prove via Facebook...though she does have the Roadblock scene as banner on her Facebook...or maybe she just like dirty troopers :dance:

https://www.facebook.com/kaye.powermcgowan

Grtz DDT

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, Rolf said:

MosSandtroopers

The only possibility I see is that trooper in the center stands sort of like a female.  The only female I see in any of the photos, is what appears to be the script reader. When people go off script. She is the one with the floppy hat.
I don't believe though she was a sandy. Most of the photos autographed are random sandies. There is never one sandy pointed out, in the photos I have seen. If you were in different scenes, you would sign your autograph over the one you portrayed right, or maybe put a tick mark to that one right?

11 hours ago, Fraulein said:

The only possibility I see is that trooper in the center stands sort of like a female.  The only female I see in any of the photos, is what appears to be the script reader. When people go off script. She is the one with the floppy hat.
I don't believe though she was a sandy. Most of the photos autographed are random sandies. There is never one sandy pointed out, in the photos I have seen. If you were in different scenes, you would sign your autograph over the one you portrayed right, or maybe put a tick mark to that one right?

What can i say ?! Think you just shot another Rebel down Fraulein...:peace: 

I hate to repeat myself but as I have spoken so much with A about this I really stick with his story and especially the part that each and everyone on set in armor should be in the databank of LFL. So having no written confirmation or pictures that prove their presence make it very hard to believe for me...

• Upvote 1