To cut or not to cut...

deckard1138

I also did it but I only cut a wedge out of my thighs, for SWAT it depends on the trooper you want to emulate, if you can see the back of his thighs and shins (no matter if it's really in the movie or in some off-screen pics) and there's no wedge cut out, leave it as it is.

It should not effect SWAT. I've seen people get approved since it was needed for mobility. But I would ONLY cut if you need to. 

My original goal was “Look sir, droids” but I wanted to do my own weathering. So I’m going for PO as soon as I get my handplates but I was curious just Incase I’m willing to re weather my kit.

I was just looking at your build thread on FISD. Thanks for your service...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like kneeling down for kids in wheelchairs with my swat armor, so the wedge is really nice to had cut out.
If you go that route, just cut small amount at first.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Well it depends on what you want to do with it, if you don't care and just like trooping for the fun of it... 

But if you care a little for accuracy or are aiming for 501st membership or even PO, it's a NO-GO. 

My suggestion is: get a new thigh.

28 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Well it depends on what you want to do with it, if you don't care and just like trooping for the fun of it... 

But if you care a little for accuracy or are aiming for 501st membership or even PO, it's a NO-GO. 

My suggestion is: get a new thigh.

i really want to have a 501st membership, so where should i look to buy vacuformed tigh for a sandy

Being from Germany myself, I only know the European sources, mainly from the UK, for example RWA creations on Facebook is a good source, affordable and reliable. 

But as you seem to be from Canada, you might want to try a US source.