deckard1138

To cut or not to cut...

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys cut a wedge out of the backs of your thighs/calves? Looking at stills from the movie it doesn't look like the sandtroopers had any cut outs from what I've seen. And does it effect SWAT at all? Thanks! 

Yep did it and will do it anytime it’s because I enjoy not to be pinched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I also did it but I only cut a wedge out of my thighs, for SWAT it depends on the trooper you want to emulate, if you can see the back of his thighs and shins (no matter if it's really in the movie or in some off-screen pics) and there's no wedge cut out, leave it as it is.

It should not effect SWAT. I've seen people get approved since it was needed for mobility. But I would ONLY cut if you need to. 

It should not effect SWAT. I've seen people get approved since it was needed for mobility. But I would ONLY cut if you need to. 

My original goal was “Look sir, droids” but I wanted to do my own weathering. So I’m going for PO as soon as I get my handplates but I was curious just Incase I’m willing to re weather my kit.

I was just looking at your build thread on FISD. Thanks for your service...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha thanks. I haven't been on there in a while honestly. I figured all the pictures were broken with photobucket. 

I like kneeling down for kids in wheelchairs with my swat armor, so the wedge is really nice to had cut out.
If you go that route, just cut small amount at first.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I did it for mobility, getting a pinch at the back of the knee hurts.. Didn't effect my SWAT approvals at all.. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, you went way too high. You should never cut past the top of the rim/ridge on the bottom of the thigh. See this screen grab for reference:

vlcsna18.jpg

should i try to repair it or order a thight. i lost the cuted part, so i read about using abs paste to repair or a need to find a seller that can make me only those part

Well it depends on what you want to do with it, if you don't care and just like trooping for the fun of it... 

But if you care a little for accuracy or are aiming for 501st membership or even PO, it's a NO-GO. 

My suggestion is: get a new thigh.

28 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Well it depends on what you want to do with it, if you don't care and just like trooping for the fun of it... 

But if you care a little for accuracy or are aiming for 501st membership or even PO, it's a NO-GO. 

My suggestion is: get a new thigh.

i really want to have a 501st membership, so where should i look to buy vacuformed tigh for a sandy

Being from Germany myself, I only know the European sources, mainly from the UK, for example RWA creations on Facebook is a good source, affordable and reliable. 

But as you seem to be from Canada, you might want to try a US source. 

Who did you get your armor from? In Canada, there's AuthenticProps aka AP. You can contact them: authenticprops@hotmail.com