Sign in to follow this  
jcalus

What do you do with patches?

Hello all. Like many of you, I’ve been collecting patches n stuff.

I’ve wanted to make a sandtrooper shirt for a while, so I took the patches off one of my old firefighter shirts and replaced them with sandy patches. Then made a pair of epaulets with the Canadian flag on them.

I’m likening the style and wore it at the last comic con while working the 501st booth.

e8e8f8535ed45b9601288cf22a7d57ab.jpgc48652b7e67031aa0ddc82dfffed924f.jpg

What is everybody else doing with their patch collections? Would be great too see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome! I’ve been saving mine to make a leather vest with it. Awls I have left to pick up his upper and lower rockers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I've put mine on my old punk rock jeans vest, but was also thinking about making such a shirt, looks nice!

• Upvote 1

Put them in a big Ziploc bag.
Really. I haven't done anything with them yet.
I have been considering what my mom used to do with  patches earned in Brownies/Girl Scouts. This was in the days when you were not allowed to have them on your vest. Even if we were, that's not how I roll. I hated that stupid vest. But she made me a bucket hat. And the patches that were not for the sash, went on the hat. I still have my hat. Coincidentally, the hat is orange, brown and white. 
And I think the bucket hat would be a nod to the famous bucket hat guy.

• Upvote 1

I've gotten a desert camo BDU jacket with velcro parts on it. So mine are all attached to my jacket's sleeves..

• Upvote 2