Lasse

Belt canvas colour question

Hi all!

I'm finally back and am now finishing my TD. I have a question regarding the degree of "offwhiteness" that flys for the canvas part of the belt... How dark of an offwhite is ok? I have a lot of heavy artists cotton canvas that is perfect for the job as long as the colour/hue is approvable... Looks very beige in this pic, comes off as lighter in RL but still a very different white to the superwhite ABS ;D

29m589w.jpg

I went with the least bright white canvas at the fabric shop, then got it dirty..
Remember, how it looks when you take a picture, is what it will look like when someone takes a photo with you.
Pics are a great way to double check weathering appearance.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jcalus said:

I went with the least bright white canvas at the fabric shop, then got it dirty..
Remember, how it looks when you take a picture, is what it will look like when someone takes a photo with you.
Pics are a great way to double check weathering appearance.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Good point! 

I'll have a look in the fabric shop, maybe they have something more egg shell colour that is still sturdy. If not I can try to give it a white wash with paint before weathering. Or see if bleach has an effect. Hmm... Thanks mate!

I decided to go for it. 4 layers sewn together, and a light whitewash seems to have done the trick. With the weathering on it should look the business :)

2je0r8.jpg

• Upvote 1