ATA armor arrived

deckard1138

After a 10 month wait my armor came yesterday. I jumped right in and began trimming everything with no issues. I’ve built an Anovos kit prior to this one so I’ve got a few questions. Which side is the top of the kidney plate, flat side or the ridge side? How should the back of the thighs be handled since there are ridges? It looks like I may have to have it just a bit larger than the 20mm strip in the rear. The Anovos kit didn’t have ridges on the back of the thighs so that was not an issue. Has anybody glued an abs disk to the abdomen panel? I’m leary about heating up the abs to push a washer into it. Any advise is welcome, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Can you share some pictures? Might make it easier to help identify the parts. Just leave a little extra material, you can leave some ridge showing with the cover strips but not too much. Shim in the back if you need a lot more room. 

Yeah,good idea.. Here are photos of the shin and thigh back. Instead of being smooth they have a slight ridge like the fronts have. I’m not sure yet if I’ll be able to have the ridges match what the cover strip size should be. It’ll probably be close. Hope I’m making sense, thanks!

Other than that question I’m going through the kit at a good clip. I’m doing all the fronts inner/outer strips and then I’ll size the backs all at once. I needed to add an inch shim to each side of the torso. I should be done before months end. I guess submissions are off for this month while the census is going on but there should be a new sandtrooper out and about soon..f928e73be0b0b9f6e891bff8116706dc.jpg42bdec6d54b7bd3c4f15b2cd2c2d508f.jpg

Check out Thomas, one of our awesome SWAT members thighs. See how he has some ridge showing. That's perfectly acceptable. You just don't want a ton and if you need wider, do it on the rear. 

n3m6oeci.jpg

Looks great, thanks for the pic. Everything turned out looking pretty good. Only problem I’ve had at all with my build is the rivets for the belt. I had to keep cutting them off they weren’t working right. I scraped them and ended up using Chicago screws...