Crookknight's Sandtrooper Armor and Pack Build Thread

CrookKnight

I am having to add 1" shims on each side of the backplate in order to close the gap on the sides.  This week, I will use acetone in order to make the ABS paste and add the shims.  Goal is to make it seamless.

On another note, what is the best method to add the weathering to the armor?  I have not researched this yet.

Looks good. Be sure to trim that thigh coverstrip a bit... and lose the TK paint job on the helmet tears (if that is the bucket you’re using)

As as for weathering, I used acrylic paint. Some use Fullers Earth for a more subtle or dusty look. I think the paint would be more durable. Either way, It is a bit of an art. 

Looks good:duim:

Wook1138 is right about the coverstrip, just to clarify things, he's talking about the front coverstrip on your left thigh at the bottom which should end just above the brim. Yours goes too far down. 

As far as weathering is concerned just browse the build and wearhering threads, lots of information there about the different approaches. Take your time. 

I used these acrylic paints watered down with a little bit of Windex (neutral grey & burnt umber). Starting with grey, I dabbed all over, let dry for a minute or so, then dabbed the majority off. Let that dry, and repeated with the umber. If it gets too dry and difficult to remove, just spray Windex on your napkin or armor (mist from about 2” away) and it loosens back up.
faaefb0ff11c142e4232158f6cf4684d.jpg6fd6c506c2742e37f2e845d63e18ea6a.jpg7df414f1e06daa78c617394f7da4a501.jpg39bb6be2c6a04097aada3fc889a6ee88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/27/2018 at 8:05 AM, inklegg said:

I used these acrylic paints watered down with a little bit of Windex (neutral grey & burnt umber). Starting with grey, I dabbed all over, let dry for a minute or so, then dabbed the majority off. Let that dry, and repeated with the umber. If it gets too dry and difficult to remove, just spray Windex on your napkin or armor (mist from about 2” away) and it loosens back up.
faaefb0ff11c142e4232158f6cf4684d.jpg6fd6c506c2742e37f2e845d63e18ea6a.jpg7df414f1e06daa78c617394f7da4a501.jpg39bb6be2c6a04097aada3fc889a6ee88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the ideas.

The bucket I show in the previous picture is not the one I will be using.  I just put it on there until I finish the correct one.

In regards to the cover strip on the left thigh, I have fixed it (i think) and the picture is below.  

I am currently adding the side shims since I am not 165 lbs....more like 185 lbs.  Once I add the ABS paste and smooth out, I will post pictures for comments.  Want to make sure it looks right.

Corrected left thigh cover strip.

o266Cfw.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

The bucket I show in the previous picture is not the one I will be using.  I just put it on there until I finish the correct one.

Copy that. I thought so, but didn’t want to assume. 

Thigh looks good. :duim: