Junior MEPD badge stickers

SDB15

Hi all, law enforcement often gives out honorary officer stickers to kids at their events. Has anyone ever tried to make something similar for MEPD? It would be fun to hand something out to kids at our troops.

I also have been working on this idea. I also thought of having a run of little plastic junior badges (after receiving my very own junior sheriff deputy badge from my fave deputy)  These would be for more exclusive events like hospital troops.
I thought these would be better than a trading card to hand out. But stickers would probably go faster than trading cards.
The badge design I had considered was just the shield. I went off what the local sheriffs dept and the state police give out. And it is their shield, but in foil and black. I found the reason they did this, was cost. It costs less for the simplified gold foil and black. The average cost I found usually runs about 1000 stickers on a roll for about $150.
It has just been the time, set up, cost and getting this cleared that has kept me from doing this.

This is what our sheirffs dept junior deputy plastic badge looks like. Just simple black and gold.

I personally am a big fan of all kinds of handouts.

The sheriff's dept. badge and sticker are great ideas.

Maybe @Gordonator can chime in and inform us on the possibilities.

I myself always hand out stickers from the run I did a while back.

I could always, if there is enough interest, do another run but these stickers are maybe a bit too pricey for some to be used as a hand out as they cost around 30/ 40 cts a piece.

:salute:

Stickers, end result (2).jpg

• Upvote 1

It was the rules regarding "how many"  that also kept me from producing them. Because it would be a give away and not for sale or trade. But it does have the MEPD logo so I was unsure of the rules regarding that.  And again the costs.
I'd like to see another run of your stickers. I have only given mine away to some  law enforcement friends, and I included one in that patch trade with our sheriff's department. Like you said at the cost of the stickers, too pricey for give aways. The stickers given away by law enforcement are the kind that are just glossy paper. Nothing like the vinyl fancy stuff. I know that one of our garrison uses a sticker company to make rolls of stickers for our garrison to give out at troops. I believe it is around $60. Don't know what the set up fee was though.

18 hours ago, dutchy said:

I personally am a big fan of all kinds of handouts.

The sheriff's dept. badge and sticker are great ideas.

Maybe @Gordonator can chime in and inform us on the possibilities.

I myself always hand out stickers from the run I did a while back.

I could always, if there is enough interest, do another run but these stickers are maybe a bit too pricey for some to be used as a hand out as they cost around 30/ 40 cts a piece.

:salute:

Stickers, end result (2).jpg

I've already asked my printer what the possibilities are to do them in a lower quality. But re-doing these will probably result in producing over 2000 pcs of them :)

As soon as I've heard back about the options I'll let you all know.

• Upvote 2