Jump to content
Daetrin

A new CRL - Battlefront Magma - for MEPD

Recommended Posts

Here are the issues that I see that still need to be fixed. Since this is already uploaded to the Legion site I'll just make note of the fixes here instead of redoing the whole CRL. I do have the information for the backpack and some pictures from CrookKnight.

Who do we need to get these pictures and information to so the preliminary CRL can be updated?

- I think this comes from the Battlefront series, so maybe removed the "Battlefront II" and just go with "Battlefront"
- Also make sure it's clear for level 1 in black that either ANH or RotJ armor can be used. That way it's clear both are okay. Maybe even add a small note at the top stating this and then clarifying that RotJ armor will be required for levels 2 and 3.

MAIN PICTURE
- Obviously the main picture needs to be updated.
- The 501st logo needs to be replaced with the MEPD logo

HELMET
- Again make sure that the details for the ANH option are added.
- Add a line for the hose attachment to the vocoder.

SHOULDER STRAPS
- Change picture. From the reference shot I've seen it appears that there are no ribbed shoulder straps but is empty like the classic Sandtrooper.

KIDNEY AND POSTERIOR ARMOR
- Make a note that it can be separated if using ANH armor

SPLATS
- Needs a picture

BACKPACK
- Should be required and not optional
- Picture and details need to be updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

Here are the issues that I see that still need to be fixed. Since this is already uploaded to the Legion site I'll just make note of the fixes here instead of redoing the whole CRL. I do have the information for the backpack and some pictures from CrookKnight.

Who do we need to get these pictures and information to so the preliminary CRL can be updated?

- I think this comes from the Battlefront series, so maybe removed the "Battlefront II" and just go with "Battlefront"
- Also make sure it's clear for level 1 in black that either ANH or RotJ armor can be used. That way it's clear both are okay. Maybe even add a small note at the top stating this and then clarifying that RotJ armor will be required for levels 2 and 3.

MAIN PICTURE
- Obviously the main picture needs to be updated.
- The 501st logo needs to be replaced with the MEPD logo

HELMET
- Again make sure that the details for the ANH option are added.
- Add a line for the hose attachment to the vocoder.

SHOULDER STRAPS
- Change picture. From the reference shot I've seen it appears that there are no ribbed shoulder straps but is empty like the classic Sandtrooper.

KIDNEY AND POSTERIOR ARMOR
- Make a note that it can be separated if using ANH armor

SPLATS
- Needs a picture

BACKPACK
- Should be required and not optional
- Picture and details need to be updated

You have done your research again.

Besides the occasional typo in the CRL it will need the changes as mentioned by Lovemonkey. Making clear that both ROTJ and ANH are allowed for level 1 is one of the most important ones.

The thing that also crosses my mind is the prefix, hence this costume will be added to the MEPD this should( logically)be TD. Using TK sounds a bit off to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay everyone, I've put in some time and I've updated the CRL. I hope I haven't missed anything so please look through it all and let me know. I'm totally open to whatever suggestions you all have. I also changed some items so it would represent the MEPD and not FISD.

Since I don't have access to the Legion CRL site, I had to again do this in Word.

Here is the link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8lcQRTywc9eDJsTm5xeGZVcWc

A few other items I don't want to miss:
1. For CrookKnight or anyone else who has a pack or worked on a pack, any suggestions you can make for that section would be helpful.

2. The pictures provided by Magmatrooper are pretty good. Can't wait to see you approved in this costume brother. That being said, the photoshopping wasn't the best. If anyone has better photoshopped pictures or can help, I would appreciate it as I don't have those skills.

3. For me personally, I don't think we need anymore prefixes. Not only here, but Legion wide as well. We already have a ton. If we can fit a new costume into a pre-existing prefix, that makes the most sense to me. And I love being a TD, so all these new costumes should be that as well right :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay everyone, I've put in some time and I've updated the CRL. I hope I haven't missed anything so please look through it all and let me know. I'm totally open to whatever suggestions you all have. I also changed some items so it would represent the MEPD and not FISD.

Since I don't have access to the Legion CRL site, I had to again do this in Word.

Here is the link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8lcQRTywc9eDJsTm5xeGZVcWc

A few other items I don't want to miss:
1. For CrookKnight or anyone else who has a pack or worked on a pack, any suggestions you can make for that section would be helpful.

2. The pictures provided by Magmatrooper are pretty good. Can't wait to see you approved in this costume brother. That being said, the photoshopping wasn't the best. If anyone has better photoshopped pictures or can help, I would appreciate it as I don't have those skills.

3. For me personally, I don't think we need anymore prefixes. Not only here, but Legion wide as well. We already have a ton. If we can fit a new costume into a pre-existing prefix, that makes the most sense to me. And I love being a TD, so all these new costumes should be that as well right :wink:

I can give you some good info on the backpack.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are my 2 cents..

 The black pauldron needs to be in the CRL as well. Needed for basic approval to #3.

One other thing that needs to be mentioned is that the hose has a connection/ connector/clip to the helmet at the side to guide it to the backpack. At least that's what it looks like to me. @CrookKnight, @MagmaTrooper please fill me in on this one.

All mentioning or referral in the CRL to sandtrooper should be changed into magma trooper except for the referral to the weathering page.

Besides that, and some new pictures it's good to go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 10:26 AM, Sandwalker said:

I think ive just found my next project

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

Nice :duim:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 4:26 AM, Sandwalker said:

I think ive just found my next project

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

Let me know if you need the pack and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sandwalker said:

Whats your price

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

Check out my Sales page thread.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone provide some better pictures to use? The ones provided are the clearest.

I think this is one of the last things we are waiting for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can anyone provide some better pictures to use? The ones provided are the clearest.

I think this is one of the last things we are waiting for

What do you need pictures of exactly?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I used Magmatrooper's already photoshopped pictures for the main display picture but they weren't the best quality. We just need s higher quality front and back of whoever will be our model.

I did look at the ones you sent me but there are rebel kill markers on the back of the helmet, I wasn't sure if we could use them with those stickers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I used Magmatrooper's already photoshopped pictures for the main display picture but they weren't the best quality. We just need s higher quality front and back of whoever will be our model.

I did look at the ones you sent me but there are rebel kill markers on the back of the helmet, I wasn't sure if we could use them with those stickers

Give me a day and I can get you some.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Give me a day and I can get you some.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk



Awesome, thanks. The more plain, neutral background you can use the better and easier it will be to photoshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont think i can get any other pictures at the moment, as there is hardly anything plain to do it with around me. If CrookKnight does some that would be good but i can possibly get some on the 9th October as i am doing a hospital troop and they will most likely have a good background :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

 


Awesome, thanks. The more plain, neutral background you can use the better and easier it will be to photoshop.

 

Can you photoshop out the rebel kill stickers?  I talked with him and he does not want to take them off.

 

I have pictures of me wearing a couple of different versions, the issue is that I am not wearing the proper belt.  In the pictures I am wearing my belt that has an ammo pouch on each side and no drop boxes.  They are high quality though.

 

I cannot take any new pictures, since I currently do not have a pack, on hand.  

 

I could however, build one in about 1 - 2 weeks and then get you very high quality pictures (with the correct belt).  just let me know what you want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, thank you. I'll be at Salt Lake Comic Con for the next few days, so I'll have time next week

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×