A new CRL - Battlefront Magma - for MEPD

Can you believe it?  MEPD will grown from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 approved costumes this year.  That's a 400% increase from last month. LOL  Anyway, I couldn't find anything over here (my apologies if I missed it), but in case you hadn't heard the Battlefront II Magma Trooper will be owned by MEPD.  Why?  Because it's a dirty boy version of a clean TK, and just has a few extras so is not custom enough to warrant SpecOps.

I started on a CRL, but once it was clear it was coming to MEPD halted work.  CrookedKnight has already done the costume and taken the photos, you just need to crank out some text and voila - instant CRL!  

Let the celebration begin!

star_wars_battlefront__dice__magma_storm

• Upvote 1

The backpack ensemble as I call it is a very technical and difficult build.  It consists of the pack, tubing, respirator, and shin armor.  If you want to be exact, this should not be called "Battlefront II..."  This is from the current Battlefront game.  Battlefront II comes out in November.

Check out these pics.  These are of one of my customers wearing it in Japan.

Hello,

I was also working with FISD to get the CRL done, i did a photoshoot of all parts of the costume plus a fully kitted up at all sides.

Here is a link to the google drive will all the photo shopped pictures :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0R6Pa1zoiMheHllS2hOcll0UHM

p.s: this is Tom Hobby and i got the first pack from crookknights :) 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MagmaTrooper said:

Hello,

I was also working with FISD to get the CRL done, i did a photoshoot of all parts of the costume plus a fully kitted up at all sides.

Here is a link to the google drive will all the photo shopped pictures :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0R6Pa1zoiMheHllS2hOcll0UHM

p.s: this is Tom Hobby and i got the first pack from crookknights :) 

Tom this looks awesome :duim:

Since the base armor is ROTJ, I used the ROTJ TK as a base.  You can see the CRL here: 

https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_magma

TODO:  

1. Add the pack

2. Add weathering

3. Add BFG as optional

4. Add spats

Presumption: you would allow an ANH TK as a base (L1), then progressively move to full ROTJ as SWAT.  That is to be decided by you guys. I'll see if I can get to all of these today, but you should start discussion on final wording now, as CrookedKnight has already submitted photos for processing and build what could be a base / first approval.

And, before you get your noses out of joint to require ROTJ as base armor, remember too that sometimes you need to get the ball rolling.  ROTJ is very rare armor and even on FISD we allow a lot of base ROTJ costumes to be ANH modified.  And, MEPD used to allow dropboxes and TK sniper plates for L1. Truth.  Anyway, I'm confident that MEPD will do right by this costume, just like it will for the special edition TD, and the R1 deployed troopers to follow.

Ok, so here is a thought I had.  I'm in no way an expert on RotJ armor, but from the screen shots I looked at on CrookKnight's build thread, is there a way to definitely say that this armor as to be RotJ?  I would think that since this comes from a game we might have more flexibility with what armor we allow for level 1.

Also, for the FISD guys, do we know how many people have this kit done and are waiting for the CRL to be completed?

8 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

Ok, so here is a thought I had.  I'm in no way an expert on RotJ armor, but from the screen shots I looked at on CrookKnight's build thread, is there a way to definitely say that this armor as to be RotJ?  I would think that since this comes from a game we might have more flexibility with what armor we allow for level 1.

Also, for the FISD guys, do we know how many people have this kit done and are waiting for the CRL to be completed?

I am waiting for the CRL and as you can see i have helped with pictures.

I have found this so i would think that the armour is ANH/ESB as it happens around A New Hope.

starwarstimeline1.jpg

13 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I think for game designers they chose ROTJ style because it's already been modeled. I believe ANH armor should be allowed for level 1 because if we don't allow it, it may never happen. 

Can you tell me what my armour is? as i do not 100% know what version it is. 
Or can anyone else confirm this? :) 

PICT0004.5.jpg

13 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

To date, I have sold 5 of these Packs with the respirator, and shin armor.  Most of these people are wearing ANH TK armor.  My armor is Centurion Level ANH TK / HWT.  

There are some out there who have made their own packs who most likely would be able to join.

If Magamatrooper's Pictures (Tom Hobby) do not work, then I would be happy to take some in my armor.

Deatrin! Thanks for doing all the work so far.

The same goes for @CrookKnight and @MagmaTrooper of which I already received some excellent pictures. He provided us with the link in this thread as well.

I would say, let's use the ANH armor for basic approval as not many will go for #2 or #3 with this costume, at least that's what I'm guessing.

The armor will fit nicely in our ranks for sure.

What needs to be done now is to take a coser look at hte CRL, add requirements needed.

The pictures might have te be redone as photoshopped ones won't do the trick for the CRL ,but that won't be an issue I guess.

Let's get this show on the road troops!!

:salute: