HappyTrooper RT-97c Blaster Build

As many of you have probably seen, HappyTrooper posted a video with templates and a parts list for a do-it-yourself RT-97c build. Needing a new project and loving the look of this blaster, I decided to tackle it. This is in no way a build thread, but more just a few pictures showing the process that I went through. If you want the full build thread, go check out his video.

If you are interested in making your own, you can find his video here:

Also, if you are interested in doing a DLT-19, he also has a video, templates, and parts list as well. You can find that video here:

One small note: I did use ABS pipe as much as I could due to the lighter weight. I used it for the 2” pipe, both 3” couplers, and the 2” to 1.5” reducer. I also used other corner braces and other small parts that I already had around the house. Overall, this gun is super lightweight and I can’t wait to troop in it.

I plan on unveiling this at the Intermountain Healing Hearts event that is coming up on 09/09/2017. Pictures to come of this baby in action.

Huge thanks to HappyTrooper for providing the templates, parts list, and amazing video. Your work is truly inspiring.

---------------

Initial fabrication

36871755765_be3d39da8d_z.jpg

36700909372_1a515b40d2_z.jpg

Testing Bondo work

36871753795_4e096aec42_z.jpg

Final Dry Fitting

36037491044_6851539db4_z.jpg

Prime and Paint

36732015451_2f3aaed08c_z.jpg

36475518450_ccd25e8d17_z.jpg

Final Assembly

36899123165_83b5bed255_z.jpg

Final Product with Weathering

36899116835_32fdb378ca_z.jpg

36899109925_5f5d744f6d_z.jpg

36899104105_d6272e0d7c_z.jpg

36899096695_cc7e3614eb_z.jpg

• Upvote 4

Amazing. Im working on the DLT-19 right now. I was thinking of tackling the T21 next, but this looks awsome too. Gotta get them all!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks everybody, I'm really excited with how it turned out and it was a ton of fun to make.  I am a little sad it's done because now I have nothing to work on.  Maybe I'll have to round out my armory and make the DLT-19.

Regardless, I have a troop on September 9th where it will make it's debut.  I'll post some pictures so we can see it in action.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

So the troop where it was going to debut was a no-blaster allowed event.  Didn't find that out until I got there.  So the debut will have to wait a few weeks until another event.

That stinks.  Every time I hear an event is No-Blasters I think: "No blasters, what are we supposed to use, man, harsh language?"  I have not having anything to do with my hands. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey LoveMonkey,

Thanks for promoting the build vid, much appreciated!

Also, EXCELLENT job on that RT97c, that's a mighty fine lookin' BFG you got there!  She's a beaut!

I'm glad to hear you made an improvement...the weight.  Definitely a good move on your part.  I was trooping an event a few weekends ago, a fellow Stormtrooper asked if we could trade blasters (E-11 for RT97c).  About 5 minutes later, he gave it back and said..."man, that's heavy".

Hey LoveMonkey,

Thanks for promoting the build vid, much appreciated!

Also, EXCELLENT job on that RT97c, that's a mighty fine lookin' BFG you got there!  She's a beaut!

I'm glad to hear you made an improvement...the weight.  Definitely a good move on your part.  I was trooping an event a few weekends ago, a fellow Stormtrooper asked if we could trade blasters (E-11 for RT97c).  About 5 minutes later, he gave it back and said..."man, that's heavy".

Thanks for the awesome videos and templates. These are a blast to make.