*DONE* m4vrick T-21 BUILD

Hello all, time is right for me to post here. This will be my 2nd month coming into assembling this T21. The biggest handicap for me in doing any DIYs has always been location, location, location. I'm in this part of the world where things are not readily available. Trust me, we don't have screws, bolts, & nuts like on the outside. Thanks to template from @pandatrooper, greeblies & guidance from @spOOL68 (please don't hate me; but i still have lots of questions for you). 

First off the materials:

I have the electronics from this EE-3. I believe has a decent sound for a T-21 blaster. 

ee3.jpg

Slings: 1944 Lee Enfield repro (need 2 of them) & Lee Enfield no.4 butt sling swivel. 
This is the proper way of attaching the two together. 

a6fe5d26-ac48-4931-9d27-d5766b.jpg

My base wood colored it Java:

java.jpg

My base pipes: (ugly i know)

base_pipes.jpg

coated it silver:

silver_coat.jpg

Pre-installation, important stage here as i planned on installing the electronics in. Had to extend the cables as what came are definitely too short. Wood will need to be chiseled to properly embed the cables. 

install.jpg

Now the greeblies (awesome from Roger's btw):

greeblies4.jpg

greeblies1.jpg

greeblies2.jpg

greeblies3.jpg

Just today, had to make the stock brush "playable". 

stockbrush1.jpg

stockbrush2.jpg

That's all i have for now, this is obviously a WIP. 

What i am most happy about so far:

Thanks for watching. Appreciate any feedbacks.

Finally managed to work on the T-21 some more. 

From where i left off... stockbrush is now installed, bondoed part re-painted. Will make sure they're properly aligned. 

stockbrush.jpg

The phone cable part, attached it to AMP rings.

part.jpg

Prepared the front scope part, bondo... bondo... (sanding..sanding...more sanding )

bondo.jpg

Attached the phone cable part onto the barrel, used chicage screws

attached.jpg

Some drillings... 

drill.jpg

Sideviews as of now:

sideview1.jpg

sideview2.jpg

Andddd wait, it's far from finish...i made this mistake here which is quite grave... but it's all part of my learning curve. The metal ring diameter's too large for some part of the greeblies to attach to. Will definitely have to take out the rings, re-set, and the most troublesome part, re-paint.

mistake.jpg

This is all i have for now... it's almost there.... unfortunately it won't be ready for the force weekend :( 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, long overdue... but i officially declare this project DONE : )

Continuing where i left off, there were some setbacks... metal bars are now positioned correctly. Another setback was the front cross scope. After consulting Roger & referenced the right Lewis picture, i made more adjustments... 

Upper left is when i bondoed the parts together (mistake). Upper right is the right way to do it. Below: reference to the Lewis. 

fullsizerender5.jpg

Added the blue wiring accessory.. 

fullsizerender.jpg

Front barrel when it lights up:

img_7380.jpg

The phone wires & weathered the barrel... 

img_7383.jpg

Some weathering:

img_7382.jpg

Another side view + weathering (please just shout out for any mistakes)... 

fullsizerender4.jpg

And after my QC, i declare this satisfactorily done..... :):)  

fullsizerender3.jpg

The rough pixel rendering does the T21 no justice... (taken from a phone). Will get a better camera for better pictures.. 

Nice work, mate!:duim:

Weathering is looking good too, the only thing I would change is to source a smaller/thinner ring for the front end of the barrel to make it even more accurate, but that is one detail only worth considering if you are going for SWAT.

Now I want to see that thing in action! :)

• Upvote 1