Tosche Traders recast my sonix radio/rs recast my Sonix radio

woodman

I've spent the day going over their posted pics and comparing them to my unaltered original cast of the Sonix and I feel with absolute certainty they've recast my radio. I've talked to an MEPD CS member about this and gotten the go ahead to post this as they agree I have a valid claim. I also sought the advice of outside parties to review my pics and they agree as well.  First up is the fact that I unknowingly sold 2 kits to ************* in London and from what I can gather he is Chris Cooper of Tosche Traders brother. ******* bought a full kit with everything and a second set of plastic parts only. I admit I didn't think much at the time.  This fact is without question as I have Paypal transaction ID#'s and shipping proof.  Second up is the original radio had several unique spots of damage which the TT casting has all of them repaired. The surface of the original radio has a definite texture to it and in every place there was a dent or damage that texture is gone on the TT casting. Third some of the unique damage is still there. Forth the dial window had to be removed when I molded the faceplate and a super slick section of ABS inserted to withstand the pressure in my chamber, this section is identical to my photos.  Fifth up There is a wavy distortion between the sections in the top groove that is a result of the silicone in my master mold cupping during the exothermic reaction and it's very obvious that that distortion matches exactly, this is not on the real radio only on my casting. For it to be an exact match isn't possible beyond coming from a recast of my faceplate.  The antenna is an exact cast of the one I sent.   I've highlighted the tells so I urge everyone to have a look for themselves. 

Now I want to make light of the cavalier nature this was undertaken. Not only did they recast my radio but they did so with the intention to undercut my sales with a price half that of mine. They invested $400 in their covert plan while myself, Gino and RS invested $7500 initially and then I invested another $750 in multiple sets of molds and resin masters. They've even been so bold as to post their sales have been so good that the what to do the community a solid and lower their price even further all the while every single one of those sales should have been bought from me so essentially they've stolen from me. Gino and RS. I call on all MEPD members who've ordered from them to demand a refund and I'll gladly match the $100 price for the same parts. 

I don't feel the need to call on TT to produce proof otherwise of my claims as I think the pics speak for themselves. 

If I have my way they will be banned from MEPD with the suggestion they be banned from FISD as well. 

It goes without saying I'm very disappointed I've been in this community for a long time and always tried to maintain a sterling reputation this just puts me off. 

Woodman

dryG5ft.jpg6Ei8lK6.png  

• Upvote 1

• dutchy changed the title to Tosche Traders recast my sonix radio/rs recast my Sonix radio

I do understand your frustration as you've put a lot of work in this project and a serious amount of money. Therefor it saddens me that this has happened. I'm on it as we speak and hopefully we can find a proper solution for this issue.

• Upvote 1

Woodman, you need to calm yourself down before you start throwing dirt around. I get that you've sunk a load of money in to this venture, but by slinging mud around you're only gonna make yourself look stupid. 

Im not one for arguing on forums, so I'll speak only in facts. 

I bought 2 complete radio kits from you, not 1 complete kit and 1 lot of resin parts. FACT. 

The radios are both at my house, where they have always been. FACT. 

I have never cast, nor would I know how to cast a mold of it. FACT. 

I am in no way related to Chris. FACT. 

I have no financial interest in Tosche Traders. FACT. 

I don't know Chris personally and have only interacted with him through the Tunisia76 page when he gave me assistance building my 1st pack. FACT. 

I bought 2 kits to go on 2 packs that I am making. I was lucky enough to find 2 genuine syphons, so I thought the radios would make these as accurate as possible. 

If anybody thinks buying 2 is strange, remember, everyone's financial position is different. $500 is a lot to some people and not so much to others. 

I can see why you're annoyed but I think that you need to take a step beckwards before you start making wild accusations. 

If you want, I'll send you a picture of the 2 radios once I get back from holidays. 

In the mean time, I'd appreciate you removing my name from your 1st post. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm not removing anything until things have been thoroughly discussed and proven. I won't have any problem making a public apology to you at that time. Beyond that take it up the CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody, you have claimed Lee is Chris brother. I think after Lee's post it's fair to admit they are not siblings. If you could please clarify that in your original post, it would be appreciated.

About your request to thoroughly discuss this before removing other statements, I would ask you just to really start taking Lee's post in consideration while we have Chris postings.

Lee, I think you have a valid case and posture. But as far as I understand, we do need to read Chris declarations and really start a discussion here to clear all what needs to be clear.

I don't want to point fingers at all and won't take sides here. I'm really sorry if you are being signaled unfairly, but to help clarify this even more, could you go ahead and post pictures of your packs?

I really don't think you should need to defend yourself to prove you are clear of anything. And I am sorry to ask you this. But hope you can help us here calarify all this as much as possible.

To be honest, key declarations here will come from Chris but I don't think you should need them to keep your image clean.

Facts shall speak the truth. Facts is what I asked woody and Chris. And, sorry about this but we don't have a choice, text and post by themselves are not enough to be consider facts.

Facts we expect come from woody and Chris.

But something backing up your facts Lee, would be very useful too. Again, I and the whole CS are trying our best to solve this within the detachment.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

And... also consider that the CS, even if will always keep it friendly and impartial, will act accordingly and make the decision that we might need to take. Whatever they might be. No doubt of it.

I need to say too that Chris is aware of this post and issue, we are all expecting him to hopefully post soon and provide info, proof and answers.

We will always look for the best interest of this community and its members.

Saludos.
Juan.

Lee what am I to think here? You both live in the U.K. You have the same last name. Am I just supposed to say fine you're not his brother just because you say so? How am I to believe or prove it? Chris recast my radio period of that I have no doubt. He needs to post up and say you have no part in this. Like I said I will stand up for your reputation and publicly apologize but I need some more input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, on behalf of the CS I feel the need to step in here...

First off, Lee is a respected member of this community so if you @woodman can not provide any substance to your claim of collaboration I bar you from repeating this accusation.

Secondly and more importantly; @Cipher (ToscheTraders) will be given time until the 20.08.17 eob (GMT) to provide counter-evidence that he did not in fact recast Woodmans Sonix Victory radio but used another original Sonix radio to make the mold. The evidence will then be evaluated by the MEPD Command Staff team and an assessment will be given. Failure to provide any counter-evidence by the given date will result in an acknowledgement by default that the full charges as presented by Woodman apply.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Okay, on behalf of the CS I feel the need to step in here...

First off, Lee is a respected member of this community so if you @woodman can not provide any substance to your claim of collaboration I bar you from repeating this accusation.

Secondly and more importantly; @Cipher (ToscheTraders) will be given time until the 20.08.17 eob (GMT) to provide counter-evidence that he did not in fact recast Woodmans Sonix Victory radio but used another original Sonix radio to make the mold. The evidence will then be evaluated by the MEPD Command Staff team and an assessment will be given. Failure to provide any counter-evidence by the given date will result in an acknowledgement by default that the full charges as presented by Woodman apply.

@ Strider, thanks for posting this.

To all, let's just keep it civil. 

...and I'll say the following only once,

My stance on this is neutral and only in the best interest of the MEPD and not in favor of any vendor.

• Upvote 5

Please do post all the items that you've gotten here in this thread that support your claim of not having recasted the radio.

Pictures of the radio or the person/ company name you've bought if from might eventually be seen as conclusive evidence.

:salute:

After discussing all the information, that has been handed out to me, with the members of CS the decision is as follows:

All sales threads of Tosche Traders will be removed and new sales threads referring to TT will be monitored and/or removed by our moderating team and the CS.

This topic will now be closed.

Move along..

• Upvote 1

• dutchy locked this topic