Lion Star Canteen to Bee Stinger Tutorial

Airborne Trooper

Using one of Vincent's canteens to make the bee stinger for the sandtrooper pack can be completed in several ways. This is just the method on how I completed it. 

Couple views: 
GCSxalR.jpg

THXEoSf.jpg

Qq5GO2h.jpg

q6USLZw.jpg

The first step is to remove the straps then use a flat head screwdriver or any shimming device to pop off the tan top and bottom pieces. This is fairly easy to do just take your time. I use a plastic shim I bought from an auto parts store. I can't even tell you how many times I've used this in various projects. 

Next, you'll want to use a hacksaw or dremel to cut off the spout or opening of the canteen as flush to the top as you can. You will also need to sand down the lip and piping on the cap. Alternatively, you could use a scrap piece of ABS and make a circle.

Fr9J86O.jpg

Once I shaved the cap down, I used it as a template to widen the hole on the canteen. You will need to do this so the cap fits inside the canteen once you put the top tan plastic piece back on.

uRgtkg7.jpg

I used a 3/4" hose commonly used on a kitchen sink hose for the stinger itself. I used a wooden dowel inside of it to stiffen it up. Drill a 3/4" hole on the center of the cap and insert the stinger. I glued it in place from inside of the cap. I then glued the cap inside of the top plastic piece. 

UTWsBnn.jpg

Finish it off by painting it black as well as the bottom plastic piece.

s5dxRhW.jpg

The Lion Star canteen and Gio Style Safari 600 both have a texture that we are unsure of was present in the movie or not.  I decided to remove the texture with an orbital sander. I painted the body of the canteen battleship grey and reattached the components. 

KEt3uB6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...