Backpack Value and Requirements

JohnQTK5122

Hi Guys and Gals, a friend of mine wants to buy my armor, and I rarely troop anymore, so I'm considering it. I want to give him a good deal, but also want to be reasonable. It's been so long since I built my backpack, I wonder if you all can tell me what it would cost to make something similar these days, or what it would cost to buy one pre-made, AND does it meet current  MEPD requirements? I made it before accurate replica radios and such were available. It is built on a  boy scout backpack frame, and has a real English cistern syphon. The "seed trays" are aluminum cake pans. It's all screwed together and pretty indestructible. Here are photos from last year:

TD5122-04-X2.jpg

TD5122-03-X2.jpg

TD5122-06-X2.jpg

Hi Guys and Gals, a friend of mine wants to buy my armor, and I rarely troop anymore, so I'm considering it. I want to give him a good deal, but also want to be reasonable. It's been so long since I built my backpack, I wonder if you all can tell me what it would cost to make something similar these days, or what it would cost to buy one pre-made, AND does it meet current  MEPD requirements? I made it before accurate replica radios and such were available. It is built on a  boy scout backpack frame, and has a real English cistern syphon. The "seed trays" are aluminum cake pans. It's all screwed together and pretty indestructible. Here are photos from last year:

TD5122-04-X2.thumb.jpg.2b757f58794b280006efdfa81190f3ef.jpg

TD5122-03-X2.thumb.jpg.10a6349a94e15a0989680673384dd828.jpg

TD5122-06-X2.thumb.jpg.63b8073c8500345478ad37ab84b5bdbe.jpg

Not a bad looking pack at all. However some of the components do not meet the mepd standards. A new pack that meets the minimum requirements can cost anywhere from $350 - $500 period kits range from $250 on up. You could try to take out the parts that do not meet the requirements and just replace those. That would probably be cheaper. But I would have to see the pack off and up look closer from all angles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Packs are not required for basic. That pack wouldn't pass PO (level 2) anymore. The only parts salvageable would be the mortar tube and TD portion + caps and the tuppercraft box on the top right. Everything else would need to be replaced.