Backpack #2 research and questions

SchratVader

Hello fello troopers,

my new costume project for the 501st will be the Alley door check private with the #2 backpack.:salute: I started collecting parts and doing a lot of research especially about the pack, which is not choosen that often, so there're are not that much reference builds around!:wacko:

First what caught my eye is that the #2 pack uses the 3 rib seed trays on the lower section but i was not sure about the little rectangular box on the left upper seed tray under the box where the hose connects! In other builds i`ve seen there are 2 round details built in ( which is maybe possible when you look closer at the trooper arriving at the cantina entrance )! 

36228082861_535793357d_o.jpg

But a closer look at the private heading to the docking bay you can clearly seen that the rectangular box is the same filter box as seen on the trooper with pack #1

35529061084_558a18bdec_o.png 

35968263450_8dd5e7ae45_o.png

where i`m unsure about are the 2 round indents that are seen on side of the right upper box (which i think they used a brexton lunch box too?:unsure:) maybe they`re adding the round indents as some kind of greeblies?

35529042204_f397c46cf8_o.jpg

so what do you guys think? any help and feedback is appreciated :thumbsup: 

greetings Ralf   

I'd be surprised if they're adding the indents. It would make more sense they were already on the trays they used (their original use was possibly to secure a lid to the tray maybe?)

Difficult to tell from the available reference photo's

Good luck with the build Ralf.

On 6.8.2017 at 3:31 AM, DarthStevius said:

I'd be surprised if they're adding the indents. It would make more sense they were already on the trays they used (their original use was possibly to secure a lid to the tray maybe?)

Difficult to tell from the available reference photo's

Good luck with the build Ralf.

Thanks Steve, i will try my best with the build!:salute:

Yes, the available screen caps are very difficult to identify. Only thing to me, the indents or round circles seen on the right upper box are located in different positions! The upper circle is placed more offset to the one below!:unsure:

So i`m thinking they were not originally on the box. In some other screenshots the round circles are not clearly visible or can be seen!

I think if i`m going SWAT for the Private Trooper in the door check scene i think i have to add them!?      

• 5 months later...

Anything new here? I think the same like Schrat Vader. 

For me it seems like the same filter box like its on pack #1. I ordered my Radio and the box from sandie coms. i will built up my stuff when its arrived, but i will built it rigt for swat.

so i dont want to put on the round greblies into the "filterbox" if they are not there?

and what about the 2 circles in the brexton box, should i do it? will all that be aprooveable for swat and PO?

thanks and best regards

knopi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm a little late to the party but I'm researching this backpack right now and the round greeblies on the brexton box are most likely damage. Either scratches so the original color (white or transparent ?) shines through or dents with chipped paint.

If you have the bluray edition go to the end of the alley check scene when the captain says something like "check the next door". Our guy turns around and you can see it's some kinda damage on the box. He's gotta be in motion though, pausing the movie turns it blury again.

For the filterbox: I think that's the lamella box thingy. It's way too dark to see it clearly but all the artifacts (which also show up in your picture) from image compression go kinda perpendicular and are parallel to each other.

This is what I'm talking about: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JPekeIS3R6Unbhr73

• 5 months later...