Special Edition TD CRL discussion topic

dutchy

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a little bit lost in translation now, which armor will we now use as the basis for the SE?

..go and make a CRL they said, It'll be fun...

I was for ANH or ESB for level 1 and ROTJ for all others, as we are doing for the Magmatrooper

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was for ANH or ESB for level 1 and ROTJ for all others, as we are doing for the Magmatrooper

We talked about doing this but we got quite a bit of backlash. I thought we decided on ROTJ for all levels

That's what I can remember as well, ROTJ for all levels.

But I also remember that we talked about allowing ANH with gaskets for basic  approval...

Now is the time to decide once and for all what we will be using as I want to let the CRL get reviewed by the LMO's.

That's what I can remember as well, ROTJ for all levels.

But I also remember that we talked about allowing ANH with gaskets for basic  approval...

Now is the time to decide once and for all what we will be using as I want to let the CRL get reviewed by the LMO's.

The pictures I sent for the CRL are ANH Armor, not sure if you can use them if you go all ROTJ.

I think if ROTJ modifications are made to ANH armor, then it should clear level 1. 

I think changes would be, adding U gaskets, changing the abdomen plate, painting the helmet correctly (frown painted black with black border, traps stripe decals, possibly bubble lenses, modding the ears a bit). What other changes would be required? 

I think this is how FISD used to do their ROTJ armor before more accurate builders came along

15 minutes ago, henselmonster said:

I think if ROTJ modifications are made to ANH armor, then it should clear level 1. 

I think changes would be, adding U gaskets, changing the abdomen plate, painting the helmet correctly (frown painted black with black border, traps stripe decals, possibly bubble lenses, modding the ears a bit). What other changes would be required? 

I think this is how FISD used to do their ROTJ armor before more accurate builders came along

I am good with that.  Level 2 and 3 would need to be pure ROTJ Armor.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I understand the CRL is being reviewed by the LMO team, so all we can do is wait for them to finish and then approve it.

Cool deal. I was just curious. Trying to figure out which sandtrooper variation I am going to do first.

• 1 year later...

Im looking to do this sandy right now.. I'm 1/2 done my build but I'm looking for the CRL... or some direction.. Ive built like 7 TK's now.. I dont need any help with my building... Just specifics.. I have both sandtrooper and TK parts... everything except the clam hands and the backpack.

It looks like it has Jedi parts... but not sure on the knee looks like it could be TK knee.

Any help on my build would be great..

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, Preston Zane said:

Im looking to do this sandy right now.. I'm 1/2 done my build but I'm looking for the CRL... or some direction.. Ive built like 7 TK's now.. I dont need any help with my building... Just specifics.. I have both sandtrooper and TK parts... everything except the clam hands and the backpack.

It looks like it has Jedi parts... but not sure on the knee looks like it could be TK knee.

Any help on my build would be great..

Thanks in advance.

ROTJ armor will be needed. The pack was made from found parts and custom vaccuformed pieces. I will get a post together soon of the pieces I have identified. 

Just now, CrookKnight said:

I can post what the pack looks like that I have built. Should be pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea your pack is great! go ahead and post. I have found a bunch of found parts that match should anyone want to scratch build.

Toilet float ball, Aladdin thermos, Ribbed PVC connectors, etc. 

Also the base is vaccuformed with pretty soft details. I will post of photos I have found of the actual prop soon! (I just don't have them on my work computer) 

Yea your pack is great! go ahead and post. I have found a bunch of found parts that match should anyone want to scratch build.
Toilet float ball, Aladdin thermos, Ribbed PVC connectors, etc. 
Also the base is vaccuformed with pretty soft details. I will post of photos I have found of the actual prop soon! (I just don't have them on my work computer) 

If you found a good bass let me know. The one I was using has been discontinued.

Just now, CrookKnight said:

If you found a good bass let me know. The one I was using has been discontinued.

It will probably have to be custom made, it isn't based on an oil pan like the HWT packs. 

Edit: Sorry had to remove the picture, apparently I cannot share them publicly.

The base is two vaccuformed pieces riveted together. You can also see the thermos part. These packs, much like the original trilogy, were assembled quickly with found parts. 

I plan to get this version completed soon. I have spoken with CFO on a ROTJ kit, I believe that the boots I use for the ANH will work since their boots have black soles on them.  I plan to order a pack from CrookKnight and I already have an extra E-11. I think I could modify it to a ROTJ and I need to get the pauldron done.

I have always loved the SE look from the first time I saw ANH in theaters back in 97. So here I go.......

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

We had the CRL mostly written but without someone actually having the armor to be approved in there's nothing we can do.  The CRL has been on hold for that reason.

Well I have some ROTJ armor on the way and I plan to get this built this year. I hope to start a wave of new SE Sandtroopers.

• Like 1