Special Edition TD CRL discussion topic

dutchy

11 hours ago, DarthStevius said:

At the risk of delaying getting the new CRL up, my view is we should wait until someone with ROTJ costume is able to complete the pictures.

We shouldn't reduce our standards, and while we want it to be straightforward to get into the MEPD, if the SE is a ROTJ, then the CRL should be ROTJ otherwise it's not screen accurate is it?

I partially agree with your view but who  knows how long this will take. Plus the person that'll become our first SE trooper will need a reference too..so getting the CRL done and getting the right pictures go hand in hand.

I realize I'm late here but I have a few points to say.

-why are we adding a new SE TD???
Is it to make it easy for others to just switch from Any configuration to SE and back?

Cause it looks to me that this is how things are turning now. Just my appreciation.

-There are just a few ROTJ troopers among the legion?
Well yes, and there are zero SE TD troopers or members interested in building one. Even today.

-should we lower our standard and Legion bench mark to make it a more popular costume?
That is not the way of the MEPD. Sorry, but this is true.

To me, we are creating this CRL to keep it all together and inclusive with all sorts of sandtroopers. That's the idea.

If we need a finished costume to make it live, we'll, then someone should finish it. Just like with any other costume.

No one wants too? There is a reason other than the likes of previous CS of the MEPD why we don't have a CRL. And that is cause no trooper has wanted to build one before.

I know this. I even wrote a draft of the SE TD CRL a few years ago and even started building a helmet based on a ROTJ bucket. But since no one wanted to build one. And info was not that available. We were not able to finish it and have it approved.
That's something we have seen before.

Now, please don't take me wrong. I really want this CRL approved and up. But done the right way... and up yo our detachment Fe standards.

I am super happy of all the hard work and discussion that has been done to get this CRL up. We should keep it up. If it takes a month or two, or a year, we'll... that's cause as we have witnessed before, it is a very unpopular configuration.

Armor is readily available and costs the same as ANH or ESB armor. If there is no demand for this particular character:configuration, it's not due to the makers but to what it represents.

Again... I am really excited and actually want to see the CRL up. And want to see this detachment evolve. Just not backwards.

Allowing ANH armor would be that.

To me there is no point in working so hard to develop a CRL for a SE trooper and actually make a point of it being part of he legion, if we just make it so that its ranks are made up of ANH troopers with alternative gear.

Cause actually, weathering is also different. Pauldrons are diferent, weapons are different. It's not another version between the HWT and the TD. It has its own place. Let's give it to it.

Once again, I'm all in favor of including it, and beret grateful with all the work done. It somehow feel like the real following and culmination of work done for years... let's do it right.

That's my opinion. Sorry if it sounds a bit radical or harsh.

I will follow what we all agree as a community and will of course support what we want to do!!!

Saludos.

Juan
:)
  • Upvote 1

How can that be possible?

None of the ANH armour was used in the making of the SE. I would love to see proof of this if you have it?

Dude,
That is why I said I was told. I have not seen it either.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

@iconoclasta_88, thanks for chiming in on this important topic bro'.

Your feedback is always spot on and I do realise that I have made a mistake by adding the ANH armor to the CRL for #1 approval.

Our philosphy is being accurate and this deviates clearly from that.

If we could only find a ROTJ TK that is willing to wear a pack and have some dirt thrown on his armor it'll be smooth sailing...but apparently we're still riding some big waves here..

@  all the members,

So please do forgive me for my enthousiasm and if you have any ROTJ in your garrison or know someone who owns a ROTJ TK try to get them on board on this awesome project.

The provisional CRL will be adjusted to the proper conditions.

:salute:

Just thinking out loud here..If someone has a ROTJ  helmet plus a TK ab plate and he adds the u shaped gasket to recreate the molded lip on the armor parts he or she should be approaching the real deal in my opinion...

15 minutes ago, BenFriday77 said:

We have a few RotJ's in our Garrison, but sadly they are not willing to go the dirty route. I tried my best :(

TD 31037 reporting in!!

Thanks for asking though Ben!!! Much appreciated :duim:

@iconoclasta_88, thanks for chiming in on this important topic bro'.

Your feedback is always spot on and I do realise that I have made a mistake by adding the ANH armor to the CRL for #1 approval.

Our philosphy is being accurate and this deviates clearly from that.

If we could only find a ROTJ TK that is willing to wear a pack and have some dirt thrown on his armor it'll be smooth sailing...but apparently we're still riding some big waves here..

@  all the members,

So please do forgive me for my enthousiasm and if you have any ROTJ in your garrison or know someone who owns a ROTJ TK try to get them on board on this awesome project.

The provisional CRL will be adjusted to the proper conditions.

:salute:

No need to apollogy boss... your enthusiasm is what has us striving for the nxt big thing here...

Lets just keep im mind why we want this done, what was the idea you brought to start up, and we will be fine.

Here are two ideas...

1. What if we get a new "developing" status for the CRL to be publish as it is by the Legion Command, so that any trooper willing to build it can follow it. And only after the first build make it official? Cause I think the GML and Legion Command are also interested in seeing this happen, but a little burocratic help would be very helpful.

2. Just throwing ideas here... what about Paul or Mark lending us a ROTJ armor to weather (with washable paint) so we can take pictures of it... it could be a project where the britannia patrol members could collaborate with the makers to finish a SETD if only for the pictures.

After all the "hate" I gave to the ROTJ look, and specially the SETD, i have to say that I now find the ROTJ armor very appealing and i teresting... (not so much the SETD). I dont have the money to afford a new set, otherwise I would jump in to tackle it. But maybe there are other troopers that would/could just to be the only person in the world with that particular armor and prop.

I mean, even if ugly, done right, this is a great project and a real challenge for all and any armor prop builder... The one and only SE TD armor... if only I have a thousand pounds to spare.

What do you think?

Saludos.

One more question...
Whats the main difference with a TE/TE2 armor and return of the jedi?

Trimming of course, and the helmet... adding the whitebrubber trim, and then?

Also, new boots...

Can it be made to look like it originally was, Tour/ ROTJ?

Saludos.

One more question...
Whats the main difference with a TE/TE2 armor and return of the jedi?

Trimming of course, and the helmet... adding the whitebrubber trim, and then?

Also, new boots...

Can it be made to look like it originally was, Tour/ ROTJ?

Saludos.

With some simple changes I could make mine ROTJ. I already have the pack, pauldron and weathering. I am getting the helmet this week. It would be temporary until I get official ROTJ armor.

I do have a ROTJ TK from CFO..and a few years back did intend on making it into a SETD once it had picked up a few dings and scuffs from hard trooping. However since then...I kinda ended up making a 'proper' Sandie anyways. I don't know if I'd proceed with the conversion now sorry,..I just think it'd be a tad redundant having 2 TD's.

Sent from my R4 unit using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I do have a ROTJ TK from CFO..and a few years back did intend on making it into a SETD once it had picked up a few dings and scuffs from hard trooping. However since then...I kinda ended up making a 'proper' Sandie anyways. I don't know if I'd proceed with the conversion now sorry,..I just think it'd be a tad redundant having 2 TD's.

Want to sell it?

Okay everybody, here is the new updated CRL with only RotJ parts.  Lucky for me I saved previous drafts so it wasn't that hard to fix.  Also, I made added some of the suggestions here such as making the pack required for level 1.  I think I got everything but if I missed something please let me know.

Also, if anyone can help get this live, you would be awesome.  Please let us know.

Here is the link to the new CRL - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8lcQRTywc9SUFULVl0NEVUeDg

CRL looks good..one wee point regarding the boots though. ROTJ TKs had a white sole as opposed to the black ones of the earlier film versions. I don't know if we get a good look at the SETD's boots onscreen..but it stands to reason they'd have used the same ones.

CRL is much better now! I like it a lot
But (there's always one...): Details on RotJ-helmets were NOT hand painted! They were always decals. So Lvl2 and up should not show hand painted details

Question: Does the SE Armor have ribbed shoulder straps? I think so.

TD 31037 reporting in!!

I don't think there is a good enough shot of their shoulder straps but if it is ROTJ armor then we can assume ribbed.

However, look at the ab plate in this screen shot? Have the ab buttons been painted?35570423044_8edea9c8bf_z.jpg

39 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

Based on the research I did for the pack, I would say ribbed shoulder straps and buttons are painted per ROTJ requirements.  Here are some additional photos that I used when researching.

20597418_10212956105004591_3683644412692

Right with you on the shoulder straps but man those ab buttons look painted... TK ab plate but painted...

CRL looks good..one wee point regarding the boots though. ROTJ TKs had a white sole as opposed to the black ones of the earlier film versions. I don't know if we get a good look at the SETD's boots onscreen..but it stands to reason they'd have used the same ones.

Ive seen some reference shots where boots appear to have black soles...

I would thought they had used the same, but it appears that they had black sole boots instead of white ROTJ ones.

Ill try to post picts when at my computer.

Saludos.

I guess it's possible..as with the abplate buttons too..that they were originally painted..but after a couple decades in storage the paint has simply deteriorated. Could be a possibility that some SETD's have white soles,some black, some painted ab buttons and some not..all due to the differing rate of deterioration over the years on the different suits.

The picture looks like they have black soles...  But think about it, they may not have the original boots so they used what was available now, and black is probably the easiest to get...  Looking at the screen grabs as well, you don't actually see their boots...