Few questions about a dirty boy pack rebuild.

Revolver Ocelot

What are you guys using for mortar tubes? Everything I find is either too big or to small to fit the end caps.

Also how do you attach the blue canteen to the bottom?

Iam trying to rebuild a pack I got from dirtyboy back in 2011, it has been in storage since and kind of fell apart when I took it out of the box today.

I used ABS pipe from Lowe's (I don't remember the diameter so I'd have to look). I also bought PVC caps to go on top.

For the blue canteen, I bought corner braces from Lowe's and then E6000 glued them to the seed tray. I then used a screw to attach the canteen to the brace.

Ok, so your not using the caps that came with your suit then.

Few more questions, what type of paint do you recommend for the pvc frame? The black is rubbing off of the frame onto the armor, leaving the armor with black marks and white showing on the pack frame.

The paint rubbing off the backpack frame is unavoidable. I sealed my frame with clearcoat and it still happened. Its the friction of the frame rubbing against the armor as you walk or take in on and off. 

Just call it natural weathering. :)

I'm not sure. It also depends on where  you got your armor from. I know TM and a few others in England have much larger caps than what US vendors supply. I got two end caps from Tosche traders and they were huge. Ended up getting some from crashmann and they worked great. I had to bevel the end of the pipe with a dremel sanding drum some but they went on just fine with no  glue needed.